- Kissing someone at midnight will give you and that person good luck for the rest of the year.
- Crying on New Year's Day will make the rest of the new year a very sad and emotional one. That's according to some legends.
- Babies born on New Year's Day will always have luck on their side.
- According to superstitions the reasoning on why we make noise at midnight for New Year's Day is because were actually scaring away evil spirits and the devil!
- Never loan or pay bills on New Year's Day or you'll be paying out more than receiving in the new year.
So those are five superstitions that surround New Year's Day from never loaning money to making noise, so evil spirits don't come in your home for the new year. There are plenty of legends that surround this holiday and those were just some of them!