There are three types of headphones: over-ear, on-ear, and in-ear. This list will cover the headphones that this writer believes are good products to consider when searching for headphones. Visit the official sites of the companies that make audio equipment for the newest product releases. Feel free to add more headphone recommendations in the comments section.
1. Koss PortaPro Headphones: A set of on-ear headphones with good cord length. These headphones provide excellent sound quality, can be adjusted to comfortably fit your head, and are available at reasonable prices. The ear cushions on the headphones can wear with time and Koss sells replacements. The headphones can also be collapsed to be more portable.
2. Sennheiser PX 100-II: The Sennheiser name is a sign of quality. Their on-ear headphones will ensure a quality aural experience at bargain prices. This type in particular can be folded to be more compact and a cord that is designed to reduce tangles. These are important features when storing headphones. The headphones will also work with a variety of multimedia devices.
3. Bose AE2 Audio Headphones: Over-ear headphones. One of the most expensive types of headphones, they provide the user with maximum sound immersion: rich bass, powerful volume, and outside noise-cancellation. A tradeoff with these types of headphones is their weight on the ears. They can be uncomfortable if worn for long periods. If this does happen the headphones are adjustable.
4. Panasonic RPHJE120K: In-ear headphone buds. These are ideal for using with portable players such as iPods. These headphones are relatively inexpensive, have good sound quality, and the ear buds are designed to fit comfortably as well as securely into the ears. Cleaning of the ear buds may be needed if they are worn often.
5. Sony MDR-110LP: Extremely simple on-ear headphones. These are lightweight and sound quality is average. The main attraction of these headphones is the cheap price and the simplicity of the design. If you do not care much for more fancy headphones this one might be good to buy, though the cord length is short and the headphones are fairly fragile.