After a three-month absence, the super-sized Duggar family is finally returning to TV for a new season of “19 Kids and Counting.” A series of three new specials begins airing on March 12, to be followed by the season 11 premiere on April 2. Here are five reasons why Duggar fans should tune in to “19 Kids and Counting” in 2013.
1. Asian Adventure: The Duggar family travels to Japan and China and their adventure will be chronicled in a new three-part special called “Duggars Do Asia.” Beginning on Tuesday, March 12, the one-hour episodes show the Duggars experiencing foreign cultures very different from their own. From experimenting with native food and riding rickshaws to donning traditional Geisha dress and fighting as Samurai, the Duggars are up for it all. While things may get lost in the translation, and they often feel like fish out of water, the Duggars make memories of a lifetime. All three episodes will air from 9-10 p.m. EST and PST.
- “Duggars Do Asia: Tokyo, Japan”: After wrangling 40 suitcases at the airport, the Duggars head out on a trip of a lifetime and their first stop is Tokyo. Tuesday, March 12.
- “Duggars Do Asia: Kyoto, Japan”: The Duggars take part in a Master Goldfish Catcher competition, then make their way to Kyoto, the second stop on their overseas adventure. Tuesday, March 19.
- “Duggars Do Asia: Beijing, China”: The Duggars navigate the city and visit Tiananmen Square, the Great Wall of China and a local village. Tuesday, March 26.
2. Wholesome values and good, clean fun. “19 Kids and Counting” is like a steady ship in rough and turbulent seas. The Duggar family may be super-sized, but each and every child gives back to the world in a big way. They’re never involved in and scandals that make headlines in the tabloids. Plus, the Duggars receive no financial help whatsoever and live their lives debt-free. Compared to other reality shows like “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” “Sister Wives,” and “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo,” “19 Kids and Counting” entertains fans with wholesome values and good, clean fun.
3. Josie Duggar: The Duggar's 19th child was born by emergency C-section and weighed only 1 pound, 6 ounces when she entered the world in December 2009. Josie Duggar spent nearly four months in the NICU at Arkansas Children’s Hospital and faced many developmental challenges. Fast-forward three years. In December 2012, jubilant Josie celebrated her third birthday and continues to thrive. Fans simply can’t get enough of the adorable tot, who manages to steal the show every time she is featured on “19 Kids and Counting.” Look for TLC to shine the spotlight on Josie a great deal in 2013.
4. Amy Duggar: Crazy, but lovable cousin Amy will once again be featured when the new season of “19 Kids and Counting” begins airing. She didn’t go to Asia, but she’s been involved with filming in Arkansas. In 2013, look for Amy’s music career to take off. In March, she will travel to Nashville to attend a dozen meetings with major record label head honchos. To prepare for her music career launch, Amy hired a new publicist, Diane Rogers, who is a well-known name in Nashville. “She believes in me and is absolutely amazing,” she stated excitedly. In addition to her new challenges and changes, Amy Duggar is looking forward to the new season of “19 Kids and Counting.” “It’s going to be a season filled with a lot of laughs and big surprises,” she hinted. “I’m back to my old antics.”
5. The grandkids: Mackynzie turned three in October and Michael will turn two in June. They’re Michelle and Jim Bob’s only grandchildren and they’re absolutely adorable. Look for the two tots to be featured on “19 Kids and Counting” quite a bit in 2013. Josh Duggar updated fans about Anna and his children on his website. “Life is busy for us right now! With Mackynzie taking on the role of big sister and little Michael full of energy, Anna has her schedule full,” he said. Look for TLC to feature Mackynzie and Michael throughout the new season in 2013. Could a third child be in Josh and Anna’s future?
More about the Duggar family from "19 Kids & Counting"
The super-sized Duggar family includes mom Michelle, dad Jim Bob, plus children Joshua, Jana, John-David, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jeremiah, Jedidiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn and Josie. The family resides completely debt-free in Arkansas and stars in a weekly reality TV series on TLC called "19 Kids & Counting."
Do you love the Duggars? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE, and you'll stay up-to-the-minute with your favorite super-sized family.