October 16, 2013
- They are more intimate. Passenger size ranging from 60-1200. Unlike the mega-ships that carry between 3-5,000 passengers.
- More all inclusive. Items you will find included can be gratuities, shore excursions, liquor and wine, finer dining options and butler service.
- New and different itineraries. River cruise lines can get where large ships can't. So you can experience different venues while in port.
- Food and wine lovers. The fine dining and select wines on river cruises may come directly from the port you are docked at, from the local farmers market too.
- Fastest growing segment. River cruising is the fastest growing area of all cruising - that says something for what it has to offer and the demand for the product.