If you are about to have a baby, you may be interested in five items that are sure to get a lot of use.
- Miracle Blanket: Swaddling helps most infants feel more secure and reminds them of being in the tight quarters of the womb. The miracle blanket is a soft, easy-to-use swaddle that prevents twitching, helps babies sleep more soundly, and keeps them from scratching their faces.
- Soothie Pacifier: Some parents prefer to wait until breastfeeding is well established before offering a baby a pacifier. The Soothie is designed to mirror a mother's nipple and is used by many hospitals shortly after birth to calm newborns and satisfy their need to suck. The Soothie may be less likely to interfere with breastfeeding than other types of pacifiers.
- Cloth Diapers: Cloth diapers are useful for more than just diapering. If you are using disposable diapers, purchase some cloth diapers to use as burp cloths. They are soft on your baby's skin and super absorbent.
- Boppy: The Boppy pillow makes nursing easier and much more comfortable. The Boppy helps nursing mothers position the baby for optimum support. It can also help mothers who are bottle feeding. Later, the Boppy pillow can be used to help the baby lounge or learn to sit up. It's also a great tool for supporting the baby during tummy time.
- Sleep Sheep: Sound machines help many infants fall asleep more easily. While inside the womb, babies are constantly surrounded by noise. One the most familiar sounds is the mother's heartbeat. Sleep Sheep is a soft stuffed animal with a sound machine that fits securely inside its back. It offers four soothing sounds, including a heartbeat, rain, waves, and whales. The volume control dial and automatic shut-off allow you set the Sleep Sheep to your specific needs.