Have you ever considered visiting a museum with your special someone on Valentine's Day? What could be more romantic than strolling hand and hand with your date, admiring the creative work of artists who speak from the heart? These museums are open on Valentine's day this year. Here are their hours, locations and cost.
Los Angeles museums open on Valentine's Day
- LACMA has a special tour for Valentine's Day that includes dinner. The "All You Need is Love" event starts at 7:30 p.m. and reservations can be purchased online or by calling (323) 857-6010. LACMA is located at 5905 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles. Cost $75 per person.
- MOCA. The Musuem of Contemporary Art has a permanent collection representing abstract expressionism, minimalism, pop art, conceptual art, and postmodernism. The downtown location is 250 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles. MOCA's hours are from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. Follow this link to check out Downtown L.A. Valentine's events. Cost $12 per person.
- The Getty Center has an expansive art collection, several breathtaking gardens and spectacular views of the Santa Monica Mountains, the Pacific Ocean and Los Angeles. The museum is located at 1200 Getty Center Dr. Los Angeles. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Cost is free, parking $15.
- Annenberg Space for Photography. The current exhibit is The Power of Photography: National Geographic 125 Years. The museum is located at 2000 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, hours 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. Cost is free, parking $3.50.
- The Grammy Museum showcases interactive exhibits and rock history and its best. The museum is located in the heart of L.A. LIVE where several top restaurants are within walking distances. You can find the Grammy museum at 800 W. Olympic Blvd. Los Angeles, hours 11:30 a.m. until - 7:30 p.m. Cost $12.95.