So many people are walking around us as zombies. They look like everyone else but inside they are lonely and unhappy. The day to day living has become droll and unexciting. They think to themselves late at night, there has to be more than this out of life.
If this sounds anything like your days lately then these five keys to living a better life present by Resource Therapy, will help you find happiness.
- Find someone to help! Often times we focus so much on what is wrong with our life we forget that there are others out there that have it worse. When we can devote our time to someone else, it helps us forget our worries for a moment. We help ourselves by helping others. Helping others gives us a sense of purpose and releases much needed feel good endorphins. It's a win - win situation!
- Exercise! You have heard it before, exercise is not only good for the body but it's good for the mind. Releasing those endorphins we spoke about earlier. It also gives us time to clear our mind and focus inward. Now, you don't have to get a membership to the gym tomorrow. Start small. Go out for a 15 minute walk each day and grow from there.
- Gratitude! Take inventory of what is good in your life. No matter how bad you think you have it, there is always something to be grateful for. You will often hear me speak about gratitude in my life and in my work at Resource Therapy. It's because when we focus on what's good in our life, we create a pattern of way of thinking. So often people are only in touch with the bad feelings, but it's a good practice to get in touch with the good feelings.
- Educate Your Soul! We all have times where we need a little inspiration. Inspiration can come in many ways such as a good movie or a great book. There are so many ways to get daily inspiration. You can follow Resource Therapy on Twitter, Facebook or Google+ for your daily inspiration. You can purchase daily journals, or books that help you get daily inspiration. The point is search for a way to help your mind grow and learn. Make sure it's a way to help you think in a new positive way.
- Find Something Bigger than you! Faith can be a taboo word for some people. Now, I am not saying go out tomorrow and find a church. What I am saying is having faith in something bigger than yourself can help you through your darkest hours. You can believe in angels, spirit, a source, God, a universal energy. Whatever allows to feel connected to something or someone bigger than yourself. Allow yourself to let go of fear and disbelief and give it a try.
The next step is to take action! Don't just read this article and let it pass you by. Take steps to improve your life and help improves others as well. Send this message out to those you love. Inspire someone today and pay it forward. The journey beings for you now.