Did you know? The May 31, 2014, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) deadline for filing conflict minerals reports required by Section 1502 of the 2010 Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Act is rapidly approaching.
What: You’re invited to join the Association Connecting Electronics Industries for a seminar designed to help companies that continue to struggle with conflict minerals reporting, IPC has partnered with consulting firm, Tetra Tech to offer an intensive, one-day conflict minerals workshop.
The process of determining the presence of conflict minerals in products sold and distributed in commerce is complex. ~ Source 44 LLC
According to press specs; “during the workshop, instructors will review the SEC conflict minerals rule and Section 1502 of Dodd-Frank in detail, providing a compliance roadmap for workshop attendees to follow.”
Look forward to other workshops topics to include:
- OEM programs and requirements
- conducting a reasonable country of origin inquiry (RCOI)
- supplier outreach
- the IPC-1755 Conflict Minerals Data Exchange Standard
- Conflict Free Smelter Initiative (CFSI) (formerly EICC/GeSI) reporting template
- other software tools
- real-life industry best practices
Who: Open to general public for participants will also have a chance to actively engage with other attendees to benchmark industry practices. Given the significant degree of flexibility provided by the SEC conflict minerals rules, it is critical to understand industry practices.
When & Where: Workshops will be held in the following U.S. locations.
- New England: January 30, 2014 in Needham, Mass.
- Southern California: February 4, 2014 in Irvine, Calif.
- Northern California: February 6, 2014 in Milpitas, Calif.
- Midwest: February 19, 2014 in Bannockburn, Ill.
- South: March 4, 2014 in Austin, Texas
FYI: Register here early to ensure your spot and get the information you need on conflict minerals reporting.
Stay in the know by clicking the +subscribe button above this article for updates on the latest trends for well-rounded lifestyle