Teacher gifts can be tricky. You want to give something they will appreciate and can use, because they do so much for your kids all year. It can be difficult on a limited budget, though, to give them a gift they really deserve. Here are five gift ideas that all teachers will be able to use all year long. Personalize them to perfectly fit your teacher!
- Knit Coffee Cozies. These can also be sewn or crocheted if your prefer. Make them feminine or masculine depending on the color or fabric choice. www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bulky-travel-mug-cozy
- Rice Heat Packs. Pick fun fabrics and sew these rice-filled pack in any shape. Drop in some lavender or a few clove sprigs for a nice scent. These packs can be warmed in the microwave for 2 minutes or set in the freezer to make a cold pack. Just don't get the wet! Teachers will use these every day. http://acreativemomma.blogspot.com/2010/12/stocking-stuffer-3.html
- Mittens Made From Upcycled Sweaters. Buy fun, funky sweaters at the second hand store and sew mittens from them. One sweater can make two to three sets of mitten. They are perfect for teachers to stash in their desks for keeping warm during unexpected playground duty. http://www.marthastewart.com/272160/woolen-mittens
- DIY Hand Sanitizer. Teachers will love their homemade hand sanitizer. Caring for their health during the winter months when sickness is rampant, will be a truly thoughtful act. http://paulaparrish.blogspot.com/2012/04/diy-hand-sanitizer.html.
- Handmade Tote Bags. Help your child's teacher with the gift of a tote bags and fill it with a few things they can use, like markers and stickers. Personalize the bag with special fabric, embroidery or fabric paint. http://fifiybr.blogspot.com/2011/12/finished-project-new-tote-bag.html
Enjoy the holidays with thoughtful and meaningful gift giving. Involve your child while making their teacher's gifts, so they to can more personally show their appreciation.