With a fashionable 2012 behind us, all eyes are on what style trends 2013 will bring. Here are five style trends you can start shopping for today!
1. Emerald green color- Pantone has declared Emerald the color of year for 2013. So stock up on all the green as if it is St Patty's day! And judging by the NY Fashion Week this fall, coral seems to be right up there with emerald as the hottest color for Spring 2013.
2. Metallics - The bronze, silver, gold and burnished metal - either in outfits or in accessories - metallics will shine in most wardrobes. A little touch of shimmer in eye shadows and lipsticks will also be a fashion favorite for 2013.
3. Geometric patterns - Big bold patterns were a rage in 2012 and the trend will continue, but we will see more 60s inspired geometric patterns. The bold black and white combination will also be on forefront.
4. Chiffon, satin and silk crepe fabrics - Again, judging by the NY Fashion Week forecasts, the soft, feminine fabrics will hold their place as the fabric of choice for spring 2013. Watercolor inspired prints on a satin dress never goes out of style.
5. Patterned pants - Floral jeans was a big trend in 2012, and the printed bottoms will continue to dominate the fashion scene. Artisan inspired woven textures and patterns are most likely to be a popular street style in 2013.