There are always lists of the 10 best this or the 10 best that. How about the worst this or that?
Here are the 5 companies you do not want to work for if you can help it. They are all big and each one has a dark side that helps place them on this WORST list.
Notice that most are the opposite of a holistic organization that wants to make a difference in this crazy and polluted world. They only care about themselves and in doing so their stocks are down and so are their revenues.
- Delta is known for delays and gouging customers for baggage and not only that, once the bags are paid for sadly many, many are lost, lost, lost!
- Philip Morris has had so much bad press it changed its name to Altria and that still doesn’t make a difference. Nicotine anyone?
- H&R Block guarantees that they will show you how to do your tax refunds quickly and easily or do them for you…. except they were delinquent in filing over 600,000 tax returns. Maybe the company is so old it has developed Alzheimer’s!
- Denny’s restaurants had, well to be kind, mediocre food and on top of that they have been known for racial bias in many restaurants. Its 2013 people!
- Big Lots has had an insider trading scandal that has not tarnished its image; well maybe, and then again maybe not. It is having trouble making a come-back during the economic recovery. Sometimes what is underneath still has impact.
If you are buying stocks or looking for a job remember, there are plenty of places to look and these companies are best left alone.