The New Year is a great chance to start over and tackle those over-due goals. Check out a list of five fun, no-cost to low-cost aspirations one can achieve to ensure 2013 is their best year yet:
1. Cross the finish line: This is the year to put aside your fears and register for a local race, get involved in your community cycling club or just hit the gym. It’s time to get fit. Active.com is a great resource for all kinds of activities near you to get you on your way.
2. Learn a new language: Ano Nuevo means “new year” in Spanish. Accomplish that dream of speaking another language in as little as 15 minutes a day. Mango Languages is a great website with more than 40 of the world’s most popular languages and 15 ESL (English as a second language) courses. Lessons can be accessed anywhere and anytime through your library’s website or via an easy-to-use, free mobile app. Just visit here to find a library near you. De nada!
3. Tackle a classic novel: War and Peace. Moby Dick. Which classic is #1 on your list? If you need a little help deciding where to start, check out Goodreads.com to find your next page-turner.
4. Cook something new: Nothing tastes quite as good as mom’s home-made apple pie, so why not learn to make it yourself? Or maybe it’s time to create your own dish this year. Now is the time to branch out in the kitchen. You can even learn how to cook online or find recipe inspiration on Pinterest.
5. Support a local charity: They say the best way to feel better about yourself is to help others. Visit the Local Independent Charities website to find those in need in your community and support them in 2013.