Achieving a flat belly has become one of the top reasons for starting an exercise and diet plan. Whether you want to look "beautimous" (as Honey Boo Boo would say) in a bikini or long to slip on your skinny jeans more easily, you can achieve your goal faster and more easily with this list of the five best ways to flatten your belly:
- Choose the right toning and strengthening exercises - and we're not talking just sit-ups here. Devote time to firming both your lower and upper abdominal muscles and strengthening your back as well. Fitness DVDs that do the trick: "Gorgeous Core with Suzanne Bowen" and "Bob Harper: Totally Ripped Core."
- Devote time to cardio and aerobics. Studies show that cardiovascular workouts/aerobic exercises burn fat faster. Recommended:: Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and "Weight Loss Cardio Kick."
- Sip a protein shake before your workout. Studies show that whey protein boosts your calorie burn, while casein acts an appetite suppressant, according to a new Swiss study. Get both by mixing whey protein powder into milk. Recommended brands: Now Foods Whey Protein Isolate in flavors like vanilla and toffee caramel fudge and Mercola Vanilla Pure Power Protein.
- Try a belly bulge-blasting supplement, such as calcium pyruvate, which has been shown to boost your metabolism so that you lose fat mass, weight and body fat. Learn more about using holistic weight loss supplements from Dr. Oz by clicking here.
- Choose your foods and beverages carefully. Carbonated beverages can cause bloating, as can too much salt. Aim for a high protein diet that contains lots of fresh veggies and fruits. Enjoy whole grains with healthy fats, such as Quaker Hot Oat Bran for breakfast topped with Blue Almond Coconut Almond milk. Get more tips on what to eat by clicking here to get the Flat Belly Diet book and the Flat Belly Diet Cookbook.