For many people the new year means making new resolutions. At the top of that list is usually a fitness goal. It’s always easy to make the goal, but sometimes it’s hard to be consistent or stick with it.
Here are some ways to assist with sticking to the goals:
- Set reasonable and reachable goals
- Tell friends and family about goals and try to get them on board
- Eat 5-7 small well-balanced meals instead of 3 large meals daily
- Make initial workouts something that is enjoyable, then gradually add different activities for variety
One way to add variety to workouts is to visit Gwinnett School of Self Defense. The school offers a variety of classes 7 days a week. Some of the classes are:
- Goju Ryu Karate
- Awesome Abs
- Toning and Strengthening
For the kids, they also offer cheerleading and basketball. For more information on their specials and introductory classes, call 770-323-5574 or visit them in person at 3400 Scenic Hwy. 124, Gold Leaf Plaza, Ste. 1A, Snellville, GA 30039.
- Keep a food and workout journal
- If there is a relapse, don’t give up, start over the next day
- Think of this as a life style change and not something temporary
Following these simple rules will make it somewhat easier to keep New Year’s resolution and on track to being fit and lean in 2013.