The first snow of the season has hit Colorado. This means that the ski season is only weeks away. The Maroon Bells, located near Aspen/Snowmass, received a dusting of snow today. Loveland and Arapahoe Basin will begin the snowmaking arms race if they have not already!
With only weeks to go, now is the time to be getting ready. Here are some things you should be doing on your pre-season checklist:
- Get in shape for the season. Working out your core muscles and legs will help you be ready for the season. Also, increasing your cardio regiment as the season approaches, will help you tackle the slopes.
- Take inventory of your current gear. If you did not do this at the end of last season, now is the time to see what you might need in terms of gear for the coming season and what you can still use.
- Research the new gear. If you are in the market for new equipment or clothing, do your research now. This way you will be able to find the best deal.
- Buy your pass sooner than later. There are better deals if you buy your pass early. Figure out what kind of pass you need and pay attention to early bird deadlines.
- Do a snow dance. Last season was a little lean in terms of snow. This year will hopefully be better. What's the harm in doing a little snow dance?
With the first snow on the ground, the chairs will be spinning soon!