"Revenge" returns for its third season to ABC this fall, and on Sunday, Aug. 18, the network aired a new preview during the "Whodunnit?" season finale teasing what's coming up when the series returns—and that crazy flash forward opening.
As we already know, the "Revenge" season 3 premiere is once again going to flash forward to a major event, this time Emily's (Emily VanCamp) wedding, but as we've seen in the first two seasons, these future big events are usually marked by something tragic as well. As the "Revenge" season 3 promo to the left reveals, that's once again going to be the case. But that's not all that we now know thanks to this new preview, and we've detailed what we caught in the flashes after the extended look at the big premiere opening event below:
- Emily, in her wedding dress, stands on a boat, holding champagne, and tells someone's "I'm sorry." That person then shoots her, and she falls off the boat into water. That happens in the first 60 seconds of the premiere.
- Nolan (Gabriel Mann) knows how to make an entrance as he parachutes into a party.
- Emily and Jack (Nick Wechsler) are kissing in the Stowaway?
- It looks like Emily's burning those photos she so much enjoyed drawing red Xs on, so what could that mean for her path in season 3?
- Charlotte (Christa B. Allen) has a new look that reminds us of a younger Emily after juvie.
- Patrick (Justin Hartley) is shirtless.
- Conrad (Henry Czerny) collapses.
- "You have no idea what you've done."
"Revenge" season 3 airs this fall on ABC at 9 p.m. on Sundays, beginning Sept. 29. What do you think of the new season 3 footage?