As many Call of Duty fans are aware, the first DLC expansion pack titled "Revolution" will be released on Tuesday, January 29th for Xbox 360 users. Not surprisingly, the first unofficial footage has leaked onto the internet, as well as gameplay using the first ever DLC weapon in a Call of Duty title, the "Peace Keeper."
Notable points? The Peace Keeper utilized a 30 bullet magazine, 40 with an extended clip. The rest of the expected features from the "Revolution" DLC are as follows:
- Hydro: This large map allows you to use the dam and water to your advantage to block paths and stop enemies.
- Downhill: A medium-sized map based in the French Alps complete with snow, chair lifts, and a strategically placed lodge.
- Grind: Set within the locale of the Venice, California boardwalk, this small skate park map is sure to deliver fast and frenetic Call of Duty action.
- Mirage: This Gobi Desert multiplayer map utilizes sand dunes to provide different levels of elevation and a sanctuary in the centre as a natural chokepoint.
- Die Rise: The Zombie apocalypse has invaded China, turning down town into a dilapidated and dangerous MC Escher painting.
- Peacekeeper SMG: This impressive sub-machine gun fills the open weapon slot in your load-out with power and accuracy.
- Turned: A new Zombie game mode that turns the player into the Zombie in order to kill a single human player, doing so turns you into the sole survivor!
- View slideshow: Check 15+ screenshots from the "Revolution" DLC expansion pack including the new Peacekeeper SMG!
The DLC is looking pretty good, but something tells me Treyarch's affinity towards putting objectives in ridiculous sections of the map will be even more prevalent with these maps. Furthermore, expansion maps always seem to be the ugly step child of the vanilla maps released with the game, so I really am holding my opinion until after the release.
Either way, check out the screenshots to see all the included features, and subscribe to me here or follow me on twitter @NicholasGigante for all the latest Call of Duty news! The "Revolution" map pack is set for a January 29th release on the Xbox 360.