Skip to main content
Report this ad

See also:

Fire wedding ceremony: 3-alarm fire burns wedding venue to the ground

A fire at a wedding ceremony in Foxboro, Mass. left the wedding venue, Lakeview Pavillion, completely devastated. The worst part is that the fire occurred while there were 140 guests inside, celebrating the new marriage of a happy couple. On April 7, NewsMax reported that everyone made it out safely.

"The DJ went for the fire extinguisher, and everyone threw cups of water on the flames, but the wedding party realized they needed to get out when they saw smoke coming from an interior wall in the building," reports NewsMax. The 3-alarm blaze could not be tamed by local firefighters in time to save the structure. Many Foxboro residents said that they could smell the smoke from their homes.

The fire during the wedding ceremony started outside according to local officials. They believe that someone threw a cigarette into the fresh mulch and ignited the fire unintentionally. No criminal charges have been filed.

The Lakeview Pavillion is somewhat of a landmark in Foxboro, with nearly all residents having some kind of connection to the venue. It was not only very popular for weddings, but at one time or another, locals have been there for something: Anniversary dinners, proms, reunions, etc.

Upcoming weddings and events are being rescheduled by other venues in and around Foxboro. The Sheraton in Norwood, Mass. has been receiving phone calls as has almost every building with a ballroom because this fire? Happened just before the highest wedding season: Spring.

The wedding ceremony fire comes just days after two firemen lost their lives in an apartment blaze in Boston's Back Bay.

© Effie Orfanides 2014

Report this ad