Staying motivated on a daily basis is difficult. In order to achieve your health and fitness goals one must plan, prepare and execute. It may sound daunting, but it doesn't have to be. Follow these steps and you'll look back at the last half of the year and you'll be able to pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
- Make it fun - exercise doesn't have to be drudgery — and you're more likely to stick with a fitness program if you're having fun.
- Make physical activity part of your daily routine - schedule workouts as you would any other important activity.
- Keep track of what you are doing - recording your efforts can help you work toward your goals — and remind you that you're making progress.
- Share what you are doing – tell someone what your goals are. Let them be your sounding board and encouragement and be sure to ask them to join you.
- Reward yourself - take a few minutes to savor the good feelings that exercise gives you. This type of internal reward can help you make a long-term commitment to regular exercise. External rewards can help, too. When you reach a longer range goal, treat yourself to a new pair of walking shoes or new tunes to enjoy while you exercise.
- Be flexible - if you're too busy to work out or simply don't feel up to it, take a day or two off. Be gentle with yourself if you need a break. The important thing is to get back on track as soon as you can.
Now that you've regained your motivation, get moving!