It's almost Christmas and you haven't bought your boyfriend/girlfriend their gift yet, what do you do? This can be difficult, especially if you two have just begun seeing each other. If you have been together a while, then you should have it fairly easy considering you know a lot about them. But if you just started dating within a month of Christmas, you may need some help.
You don't want to get them a generic gift because you want them to know how much they mean to you. But if you just started dating, you don't want something too over the top just in case it doesn't work out. If you have a special girl in your life, here are some things you need to know that will help you find the perfect gift.
- Is she a gamer? If she is a gamer, find out what system she uses and what her style of gaming is. There are video games for nearly every gamer out there and some are fairly reasonably priced.
- Does she wear jewelry? If she does, does she tend to wear more gold or silver? There are plenty of stores that will sell good, reasonably priced jewelry so you aren't out hundreds of dollars. Check Wal-Mart for jewelry considering you aren't buying for the name so it won't be too expensive.
- If there are clothes that you know she has been wanting, that could go for the perfect first Christmas gift. Be warned that you should always get the size she wears. If you get something in the size large, when she wears a medium, you risk potentially calling her fat. If you buy her something in small when she wears a large, she will think you want her to lose weight. The last thing you want to do this Christmas is make your girlfriend feel awkward.
- Does she like to read? Subtly find out her favorite authors and the types of books she likes reading. This could be a perfect simple gift that will have meaning behind it. If you get one of her favorite authors or stories, it shows you pay attention and really care.
For those who have boyfriends to buy for this Christmas, they can be a bit more difficult. Here are some things to keep in mind when trying to find a meaningful gift.
- Does he like video games? If he does, you MUST know if he is a Playstation or Xbox fanatic. It is very critical that you know the difference and which on your boyfriend prefers.
- Does he like reading? Check out some of the books he has in his room, make sure you note the author's name and what books he has by them. Giving this as a gift will show that you want to know more about him and that you have been paying attention.
- Is your boyfriend in to hunting and the outdoors? If he is but you don't want to spend hundreds on a new gun for him, you could always buy him ammo for his gun or something that relates to the outdoors. There are plenty of outdoor items such as fishing poles and lamps shaped as deer. If you want to get him something in camo, you must find out if he is a realtree or mossy oak kind of guy.
- Are there any movies he has been wanting? This is a very simple, yet thoughtful gift, especially if there are childhood movies he always loved. Buying him movies from his past will really show him that you care, but make sure he doesn't have them before getting it.
- Are there any sports teams he likes? There are plenty of sports team items from hats and hoodies to jerseys and memorabilia. Nearly anything you want to get for him can be found on the internet.
It is vital to pay attention to the little things throughout the beginning of your relationship. This is when you are getting to know each other and some of the little things may not be brought up again. If you remember something little that was said in the beginning of the relationship and bring it up later on, it will show how much you care about that person.
Although Christmas is only a few days away, it isn't too late to find out some little things in order to get the perfect gift. Try to bring up things you've read to see if they mention their favorite authors or take a look around their room. A person's room will say a lot about them and you could get a lot of good ideas from just observing.