Last month, AMACOM Books released Shannon Belew's newest book, The Art of Social Selling -- Finding and Engaging Customers on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Other Social Networks.
According to the publisher:
- Over 78 percent of salespeople who use social media outsell their peers who, don't (according to a 2013 study spotlighted on Forbes.com)
Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest are changing the way consumers make purchasing decisions . . . and tapping into these online communities has become a necessary part of any integrated sales strategy.
Citing enlightening research and real-world examples, the book provides readers a practical guide with a detailed methodology for growing sales and expanding their customer base using social media.
You will learn how to:
- Use content and conversations to build online relationships that transition to sales
- Execute realistic sales strategies for each of the major social media platforms
- Spot social media trends that may influence future buying behaviors
- Sell online in B2B and B2C environments
- Turn social shares (likes, favorites, +1s) into social sales
- Set tangible goals
- Use online tools and analytics to track social influencers and identify relevant conversations as they are happening
The book also includes a chapter dedicated to capturing mobile sales—a segment poised to explode as the adoption of smartphones and tablets grow.
Belew is a digital marketing advocate and author of Starting an Online Business for Dummies, All-in-One. She currently manages the online marketing and lead-generation efforts for a global IP telephony company.
Her blog, OnlineMarketingToGo.com, focuses on topics including social media, social selling, mobile strategies, and content development.