After an extraordinarily long winter, spring has finally sprung! While the weather outside may not be delightful, April 3 is sure to put a little spring in your step. It's Find a Rainbow Day.
Although April showers hopefully means May flowers, April usually includes dreary days and gloomy weather. While finding a rainbow may not be possible in your neck of the woods today, why not gather up the kids and add a splash of color to your day by whipping up one or two of the recipes listed below? And don't forget a colorful cocktail for the adults, too!
- Rainbow Pancakes - Talk about a great way to start your day! The kids will love these!
- Rainbow Rice Krispies Treats - Always a favorite treat to eat.
- Colorburst Cupcakes - Talk about colorful! This fun recipe calls for white cake mix, eggs, yogurt, milk, vegetable oil and food coloring.
- Jumbo Rainbow Cupcakes - These ginormous cupcakes call for egg whites, food coloring, vanilla frosting, vegetable oil and two boxes of Betty Crocker white cake mix.
- Rainbow Cookies - These colorful cookies, from The Food Network, call for eggs, sugar, apricot jam, all-purpose flour, almond paste, red and green food coloring, unsalted butter and bittersweet chocolate.
- Rainbow Jell-O - You'll need one large container of Cool Whip and a small box of Jell-O in your choice of colors.
- Rainbow Popsicles - A perfect treat to eat on a warm summer day!
- Nuclear Rainbow Cocktail - Wow. How did they do that?
- Rainbow Shots - You'll need Malibu Coconut Rum, Blue Curacao, grenadine, pineapple or orange juice and crushed ice for these shots.
- Blueberry Mojito - You'll need rum, club soda, limes, fresh mint and fresh blueberries for this lovely drink.
- Malibu Reggae Rainbow Recipe - You'll need Malibu Coconut Rum, Midori melon liqeur, pineapple and cranberry juice for this top-rated cocktail.
- The Jade - This pretty drink calls for Grand Marnier, grappa, Blue Curacao, fresh lime and lemon juice and limes.