Pune, earlier was known as one of the most prominent educational hubs in India as well as has been regarded as 'the oxford of the east'. Now with the changing times, Pune is emerging as a commercial hub with a broad base of IT, Automobile & Business process outsourcing companies present here which have prolifered over the years and are creating job options in Pune for those students who come here to study and further find employment with any one of the employers present here. The Presence of well known colleges, which feed these companies with fresh and talented, skilled human resource; is one of the foremost reasons for all these companies to anchor here. The second factor, is the availability of infrastructure and its proximity to Mumbai; which allows the faster movement of good manufactured here to the rest of the country and even to some parts of the world.
This article will help those who are searching for a job in Pune; along with all the information regarding: the top employers, the salaries in different roles as well as the different roles that you can take up for a steady and high flying career.
IT sector jobs in Pune
Pune has grabbed a position of being one of the upcoming IT hubs in India. The IT park in Pune, with a sprawling campus of 2800 acres is home to many of the IT stalwarts. Education in Information technology or computer science; will make your prospects get higher, as this is the qualification essential for IT job in Pune.
- Project managers in an entry-level profile may look at annual compensation of Rs 682,146 .
- SAP Consultants with skills in SAP Financial Accounting and Controlling (SAP FICO), SAP Human Resources (SAP HR), and ABAP; in an entry-level role are offered Rs. 495,428 per year.
The top-10 IT employers in Pune are:
1. Tata Consultancy Services
3. Wipro Technologies
4. Tech Mahindra
5. Capgemini India
6. Accenture Services Pvt Ltd.
7. IBM India
8. Patni Computer Systems Ltd.
9. L&T Infotech
10. Clarion Technologies
Automobile Sector jobs in Pune
Pune too holds the title of being a prominent “Automobile manufacturing hubs” of India. These manufacturing units are spread across the regions of – Pimpri, Chakan and Chinchwad. Pune has attracted investments from abroad, which is one of the prime reasons for the thriving automobile industry. Indian & domestic automobile manufacturers, as well as small scale employers from auto ancillary domain; absorb engineers with skills and knowledge in automobile, mechanical and automobile engineering. A viable option for those looking for a job in Pune, in the automobile sector.
- Mechanical engineer for an Entry-Level job in Pune are paid annually Rs 340,820 with skills in ANSYS, Matlab, SolidWorks C++ and project.
- Design engineer for an entry-level job in Pune have an earning potential of Rs. 358,972 annually.
- Project Manager hired for an entry-level automobile job in Pune can look forward to an annual compensation of Rs. 497,006
The Top-10 employers in Pune from the automobile sector are:
1. Tata Motors,
2. Bajaj Auto,
3. Land Rover,
4. Mahindra Two-Wheeler,
6. General Motors,
7. Mahindra & Mahindra,
8. Fiat, &
The career path that you will tread in Pune, will allow you to swiftly grow in your career. Working for any of these employers will make you highly competent with the skills that you will learn in your entry-level job in Pune. Always aim for learning new skills, as they are the only gateway to get hired for successive roles in your domain. Rest assured, there is no dearth of jobs in Pune which are widely available all over the internet.