Skip to main content
  1. Life
  2. Careers & Workplace
  3. Jobs

Financial Aid for Education - Jobs & Returning to work

See also

There are a lot of assistance for men and women returning to school for more training, or a new job. You can check out the kinds of financial assistance at your local college for what is available or the current market for the growing careers. There is aid that is available from federal, state, local and college that offers financial assistance.

Grants - These awards do not have to be repaid.

Loans - The funds are available to cover education cost, and they do require repayment. The repayment usually will start 9 months after leaving college, graduation of withdrawal from college.

Scholarships - are available that are based upon your academic achievement, or financial need.

If you are interested in going back to school you should contact the school, or go to the library and research the process for obtaining federal aid.

Federal Aid:

Pell Grant

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

College Work Study

Perkins Loan (NDSL) National Direct Student Loan

Stafford Loans (GSL - Guaranteed Student Loans)

Parents Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)

Supplemental Loans for Students (SLS)

Research has shown that there are millions of dollars from the private sector that are unused each year. There are approximately 100 financial aid programs that are geared for the minority students, however other students are also welcome. The minority student is usually the highest unemployed. The goal is to get more people suited for jobs with the proper education and degrees.



  • Derek Hough
    Derek Hough brings quadruple threat talent to 'DWTS' and beyond
    Today's Buzz
  • Hookah smoking
    Young adults believe hookah smoking pose no health threat
    7 Photos
  • Top outdoor activities
    Don't spend your summer indoors: Top outdoor activities to do with your significant other
    10 Photos
  • Baby shower idea for men
    A new twist on baby showers is throwing a Daddy Baby-Q
    7 Photos
  • Wedding special
    'Curvy Brides' offers a new look into every bride's pursuit for her picture perfect wedding gown
    7 Photos
  • Morbid obesity
    Health: Morbid obesity decreases life span by up to 16 years
    7 Photos