The finalists for the American Wine Blogs were announced today, May 20. Wine blogs are nominated for awards by the general public and the top finalists for each awards category are selected by a panel of judges. Awards are given based on a combination of the judges’ opinions and a public vote. The public can vote on their favorite wine blog in each of nine categories by visiting the Wine Blog Awards site.
The first American Wine Blog Awards were given in 2007. Created by Tom Wark and hosted on his blog Fermentation, the awards quickly became the leading means of identifying excellence in wine blogging.
The final awards are presented live each year at the Wine Bloggers Conference and this year the winners will be announced at this year’s conference on June 7th at the awards dinner in Penticton, British Columbia.
Wine Blogs are a great way to learn about wines, wine regions, winemaking and more. You are encouraged to fine a blog you like and follow it. The finalists selected by the judging panel for 2013 are as follows:
Best Blog Post of the Year
- W. Blake Gray’s Darth Vader is My Lover: Revelations about Brettanomyces
- Lilyelaine Wakawaka’s Escaping Convention: Calibrating to Stark Conditions, a Conversation with Greg Brewer
- Katie Kelly Bell’s Adventures in Taste
- Ron Washam’s Blind Book Review–”How to Love Wine”
- Alfonso Cevola’s Rape of the Veneto
- Ron Washam’s The Death of Wine Critics
Best Original Photography or Video on a Wine Blog
Best Industry/Business Wine Blog:
- The Gray Report
- The Wine Curmudgeon
- The Academic Wino
- Hosemaster of Wine
- Fermentation: The Daily Wine Blog
.Best Wine Reviews on a Wine Blog:
Best Single Subject Wine Blog:
- On Reserve: A Wine Law Blog
- Washington Wine Report
- New York Cork Report
- Mad About Madeira
- On The Wine Trail in Italy
- Stuart Pigott’s Planet Wine
Best Winery Blog:
Best Writing On a Wine Blog:
Best New Wine Blog:
Best Overall Wine Blog:
The public is encouraged to vote for their favorites.
For more information: