Square-Enix’s Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 for the PS4 have topped the Famitsu most wanted video games chart in Japan. According to a post made on the NeoGAF game forums from Jan. 21, Final Fantasy XV was named the most wanted game in Japan with Persona 5 trailing in second place and Kingdom Hearts 3 ranked fifth.
Final Fantasy XV, formerly known as Final Fantasy Versus XIII, was originally slated for release as a PS3 exclusive. After spending years in development turmoil, the game resurfaced at E3 2013 as Final Fantasy XV and is currently scheduled for release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Trailing in second place is Atlus’ upcoming PS3 RPG, Persona 5, which is slated for a 2014 release.
Square-Enix’s Kingdom Hearts 3 was ranked fifth on the most wanted game chart. Kingdom Hearts II, the last mainline entry to be released, came out on the PS2 in 2005. Since then, Square-Enix has released a number of spinoffs on Sony and Nintendo handhelds. The company recently released a Kingdom Hearts HD and will be releasing Kingdom Hearts 2 HD in Japan during 2014.
You can find the top 20 most wanted titles below:
- Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
- Persona 5 (PS3)
- Sengoku Musou 4 [Samurai Warriors 4] (PS3)
- Sengoku Basara 4 (PS3)
- Kingdom Hearts III (PS4)
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
- Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca's Marvelous Mysterious Key (3DS)
- Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (3DS)
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4)
- Psycho Break [The Evil Within] (PS3)
- Freedom War (Vita)
- Ryu ga Gotoku: Ishin [Yakuza: Ishin] (PS3)
- Bokujou Monogatari: Tsunagaru Shin Tenchi [Harvest Moon: Linking the New World] (3DS)
- Dark Souls II (PS3)
- Puyo Puyo Tetris (3DS)
- Ryu ga Gotoku: Ishin [Yakuza: Ishin] (PS4)
- Dairanto Smash Brothers for Nintendo 3DS [Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS] (3DS)
- Toshin Toshi (3DS)
- Psycho Break [The Evil Within] (PS4)
- Watch Dogs (PS4)
Sony Computer Entertainment will launch the PS4 in Japan on Feb. 22.