Shinji Hashimoto has provided a clarification in regards to some of the comments he previously made that hinted that "Final Fantasy 15" will be shown off at E3 2014. According to a report from Breathe Cast on June 7, the producer at Square Enix admitted that his statement was misunderstood. He was previously reported to have implied that his company is keeping the reveal as a secret.
However, Shinji Hashimoto told Famitsu that he simply said that he couldn't answer the question when asked if the latest "Final Fantasy" game will be shown off during this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo. He went on to state that his comments, which were made during the Comic Con in Thailand, ended up being twisted and taken out of context. As a result, it appears that the long-awaited software product may be skipping out on the big gaming convention.
Square Enix took a different stance last year when "Final Fantasy 15" was announced at E3 2013. The video game was originally known as "Final Fantasy Versus 13" before being reintroduced as a mainline installment. Its development was also moved to the PS4 and Xbox One as the project is no longer coming to the PS3 console.
In the same event last year, the publisher also announced "Kingdom Hearts 3." However, Square Enix decided not to provide any new details on the crossover action role-playing either at E3 2014. Shinji Hashimoto explained that more time is needed to in order to prepare more information on the third numbered "Kingdom Hearts" title.
Square Enix could be saving both titles for the Tokyo Game Show, which will be taking place later in the fall. The company could be emphasizing some of the western-developed games such as "Deus Ex" and "Tomb Raider" at E3 2014 instead. You can take a look at a wall scroll featuring "Final Fantasy 15" with the photo located near the top side of this article (courtesy of the Square Enix Facebook page).