Red Rocks famous amphitheatre and the Denver Film Society partner up for the 15th annual “Film On The Rocks” summer series of music and movie entertainment. The official host for the eight-event series is Comedy Works' Sam Tallent.
The “Film On the Rocks” series was established in 2000 as part of an effort to create affordable and enjoyable live, outdoor arts opportunities within the community.
The scheduled lineup:
- 3 June - Caddyshack, with musical pre-show from Ark Life and Covenhoven
- 10 June – Fight Club, with musical pre-show from Flashbulb Fires and FaceMan
- 16 June – Labyrinth, with musical pre-show from Grizfolk
- 24 June – This Is Spinal Tap, with musical pre-show from School of Rock
- 1 July – The Fast and the Furious, with musical pre-show from Native Daughters
- 8 July – Hunger Games: Catching Fire, with musical pre-show from Boy & Bear, Inner Oceans
- 29 July – Pitch Perfect, with musical pre-show from Tracksuit Wedding and The Messers
- 2 September – The Big Lebowski, with musical pre-show from The Congress and Tyler Lee Holter
2014's lineup kicks off with a tribute to Harold Ramis (Caddyshack), includes the 15th anniversary of Fight Club, and will host a benefit for Paul Walker's nonprofit organization, Reach Out WorldWide.
General admission tickets are available for $12 per show. Denver Film, however, offers special “Peak Experience” packages for $37. Holders of such VIP tickets have the option of partaking in the Party Bus VIP, or the Trading Post Pre-Party VIP. Party Bus VIPers will enjoy food, drinks, and a special ride to/from Red Rocks leaving from the Blake Street Tavern. Trading Post VIPers receive special catering by Steuben's Food Truck. All VIPers guarantee preferred seating arrangements at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre.
For each film of the season, doors open at 6:30pm. The pre-show concert bands start up at 7, and movies themselves will begin at dusk. Check Denver Film's website for details on the VIP packages.