The aroma of pumpkin pie baking in the oven is heavenly. Sometimes baking a whole pie is just too much for one or two people to consume. Pumpkin pie muffins are proportionately sized making serving sizes easy. This recipe like so many muffin recipes does yield 24 muffins. Again that is a lot for a small family to eat before they start to get boring or go bad. Lucky for these delicious treats they can be frozen and enjoyed once or twice a week or twice a month if that is your choosing.
For large families making a batch of muffins this size is never a problem. These muffins will be devoured almost as soon as you place the filled bread basket on the table. These pumpkin pie muffins are great for breakfast, dessert or even an afternoon snack.
- 1 (18 1/4-ounce) package of spice cake mix
- 1 cup of Libby’s pumpkin pie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 350’.
- Line two muffin pans with paper baking liners.
- In a large mixing bowl add in all the ingredients.
- Combine the ingredients together with an electric mixer.
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ full with the pumpkin pie muffin batter.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove muffin tins from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Then carefully remove each muffin from the pan and place them on a rack to cool completely.
- Muffins are delicious when warm or at room temperature.
- Add a dusting of confectioners’ sugar over the top when the muffins are warm for a light and sweet glaze.
- Place left-over muffins in the refrigerator and warm for 30 seconds in the microwave when ready to serve again. (It is best to remove the paper liners before heating in the microwave.)
- Muffins can be frozen in an air-tight bag or container for up to 3 months.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: