"Fifty Shades of Grey" finally has a solid couple in Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan. While the chemistry between the two is sure to be off the charts, Dornan himself will have no problem captivating audiences as Christian Grey. NY Daily News reported on Oct 24 that even celebrities are falling over themselves for the Irish hottie. Lena Dunham gushed, "I'm a monstrous @JamieDornan1 fan. Wasn't allowed to be attracted to him on The Fall bc he played a sexmurderer. 50 Shades is my big chance!" Now see the five reasons you will love him in the role as well.
1) Jamie Dornan is hot, hot, hot. Finding success early on as a model with top photographer Bruce Weber, Dornan has been seen in ads for Calvin Klein, Dior and more. He has been dubbed the "male Kate Moss," although his physique is far from slight. He stands at 5'11" with a very toned build, similar to that of Christian Grey. Ana Steele doesn't even realize the billionaire has muscles until he takes off his shirt.
2) He is more than just a pretty face. Jamie Dornan may be considered a newcomer to the Hollywood scene but he has already impressed fans in the overseas hit "The Fall" and "Once Upon a Time" here in the states. The model turned actor does not want to be known just for his looks, although he knows there is a "stigma" attached. "But it is a funny one, that model-turned-actor thing. Why do people think it can’t be done? Why can’t you be a good actor – I’m not saying I am a good actor – but why can’t you do good work as an actor when you’ve had your photograph taken? Is it because you stood in a room and looked depressed while people took photographs of you?”
3) Dornan can handle the pressure. Although he has little experience, with only one film credit and a few TV stints, Dornan seems to understand and welcome stardom. While discussing his move to a higher profile role in "The Fall" he showed signs he could handle the large viewership of a movie like "Fifty Shades of Grey." "But it is nice to be involved in a show that is on that scale and has 12 million people watching every week. That’s a fun thing to be a part of. And it won’t do me any harm, oh Jesus no. But in the same breath, it’s nice to do stuff that is very different."
4) He comes well prepared. Many fans loved that Charlie Hunnam was committed to delving into the character of Christian Grey, so after his departure they were left worried about the caliber of actor that would fill the role. Jamie Dornan seems to be the perfect fit. The actor likes to be prepared, telling The Scotsman he researched serial killers for his role on "The Fall", "I read a lot about serial killers. I think a lot of these guys have things in common, whether it’s abuse or abandonment. I had long chats with Allan about serial killers he drew upon, guys like Ted Bundy. Then I read a lot of books, about Bundy especially. I watched every interview I could find on the guy."
5) He is getting love from fans and Team Fifty! E L James posted on her Facebook page, "I am so thrilled that Jamie Dornan is joining #TeamFifty as Christian Grey." Producer Michael De Luca has given his wife a new fantasy boyfriend. Angelique De Luca tweeted "My intuition was spot on (Again). My wish came true! I'm proud & beyond hot for my new boyfriend (yes Mike knows ;) @JamieDornan1 to be CG!!" She also commented on the immense fan support, "You guys I am SO happy y'all are happy with our new CG!!! I can't wait to show @MichaelDe_Luca!! He's going to be thrilled! Xox"