Are you looking for easy meatless meals for lent? Fettuccine with pea and Parmesan pesto is a delicious meatless meal, and it makes an elegant presentation. Prepared this way, however, it is easy and cheap. The walnuts have also been removed so that guests with nut allergies will be able to enjoy it.
Be sure and top it with plenty of Parmesan and some ground black pepper before serving.
1 lb. box fettuccine
2 cans peas, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup canola oil
2 Tablespoons water
2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
3 cloves of garlic chopped
1/3 cup dried parsley
Salt, pepper, and a scant dash of nutmeg
- Boil pasta according to package directions while preparing the pesto.
- To food processor, add one can of drained peas. 2 tablespoons of water, Parmesan, garlic, parsley flakes, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pulse until well-mixed to a paste, scraping sides.
- Add oil a little at a time while pulsing processor until a smoother paste is formed.
- Drain pasta, leaving around a cup or so of cooking water in the pot.
- Add pesto from processor to pasta, stirring well to coat.
- At this point, taste to see if more salt and pepper are needed. No more nutmeg will be necessary or desirable.
- Sprinkle very generously with Parmesan and pepper before serving.
You can also follow @Barbiecrafts on Twitter.