The holiday season in bright in Aurora, where the Festival of Lights is open through Dec. 26, 2013. The holiday display is a free drive-through Christmas light show in the western suburbs of Chicago, Ill.
This is a great family activity, since the kids can be bundled up and enjoy the show from the warmth of the car. Carloads of families will be entertained by more than a mile of lighted holiday displays.
The festive light display features lighted figures of Santa Claus, reindeer, candy canes, Old Man Winter, Santa’s Toy Factory, elves, reinder, holiday trains, gigantic snowflakes, hundreds of lighted trees and more. New this year are five new animated displays and 50 new lighted trees.
The festive light show is open nightly at Phillips Park at 1000 Ray Moses Drive in Aurora, Ill. Hours are: Sun.-Thurs. (5-9 p.m.) and Fri.-Sat. (5-10 p.m.).
Admission is free for the light show, which is sponsored by The Rotary Club of Aurora and the City of Aurora. Donations are accepted and used to raise money for local charities.
- Santa parades to Ice Palace at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg
- Santa appears at malls in Chicagoland for Christmas
- Chicago Christmas Tree and German Market for holidays
- Winter Wonderland holiday light show a Cuneo in Vernon Hills
- Chicago and holidays celebrated at Daley Plaza in Chicago
- Holiday Magic at Brookfield Zoo runs through holidays
- ZooLights holiday light show and ice skating at Lincoln Park Zoo
- Winter WonderFest a holiday destination at Navy Pier