There are quite a few festivals that will take place this weekend; and there are also opportunities to purchase tickets for coming festivals. Celebrate the end of August with one of the following events:
- Taste of John's Creek, Chattahoochee High School (CHS). Friday, 6:00 - 9:00 PM. Purchase tickets in advance for $15.00, or at the event for $20.00, and sample foods from Johns Creek restaurants. The list, available at TasteofJC.com, includes Cinco, Chick-fil-A, Bruster's Ice Cream and Yogurt, J. Christopher's, Stoney River, Luciano's Ristorante Italiano, and others. Entertainment will be provided by DJ Dunc of Funk, Lauren Schorr, Brittany Whitlock, and Zach Six and London Ward. Tickets are available at CHS, located at 5230 Taylor Road in Alpharetta, until 4:30 PM and tomorrow from 7:45 AM - 4:30 PM. For more information, contact Lisa Kingree at 770-715-5604.
- Atlanta Underground Film Festival (AUFF), various locations. Friday - Sunday, varied times. The AUFF, in its 7th year, is an annual festival of independent shorts, etcetera. Films will be shown at Eyedrum, The Goat Farm and The Highland Inn: Ballroom Lounge. Tickets are available at FestivalLeague.com/Tickets and are $30.00 for access to all screenings and events associated with the Festival. Check out the long lineup of films at the Festival League website, or visit AUFF.org, for more information.
- Atlanta German Bierfest, Woodruff Park. Saturday, 2:00 - 7:00 PM. The 'family-friendly' Atlanta German Bierfest will offer over 30 German beer samples to festival-goers 21 years of age and older while also entertaining the designated drivers and underaged with entertainment from DJ Eric ZBD, The Conditionals and The Bavarian Express. DDs and the underaged can also enter the festival for free. Tickets for beer drinkers are $30.00 beforehand, which are available at Xorbia.com, and $35.00 at the entrance.
- Summer Shade Festival (Corks & Forks), Historic Grant Park. Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM and 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM, respectively. Summer Shade is back with its 5K Run and Tot Trot, Festival Foods Market, entertainment, Artist Market, and highly anticipated Corks & Forks. Tickets for Corks & Forks are still available for purchase before the festival at Xorbia.com. For more information, visit this link, detailing the various offerings of the Festival. Grant Park is at Cherokee Street next to Zoo Atlanta and the Cyclorama.
- Suwanee Festival of Books, Suwanee Town Center Park. Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 and 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM, respectively. Gear up for the coming Decatur Book Festival and support the 501(c)(3) non-profit Suwanee Literacy Foundation at the Festival of Books this weekend. Located at the cross-section of Buford Highway and Lawrenceville-Suwanee Road, the Festival will provide festival-goers opportunities to mingle with authors; hear presentations, demonstrations and panel discussions; and purchase books. Visit SuwaneeFestivalofBooks.com and find the author, exhibitor or demonstration that suites you. From the Teen Cafe to the Me, Myself and I panel discussion on memoir writing, there's bound to be something for the entire family.
- Festival Peachtree Latino, Underground Atlanta. Sunday, 12:00 - 8:00 PM. Partake in the multicultural festivities at Underground Atlanta with Festival Peachtree Latino. In its 10th year, the festival provides entertainment, multicultural food offerings, and more to the Latino community and beyond. Select this link for more information pertaining to the festival or peruse the Festival's website at FestivalPeachtreeLatino.com.
Select one of these links for festival and ticket information for a coming festival:
- Atlanta Kickoff Street Fest, Beer & Whiskey Fest, Taste of Brookhaven and the Smyrna Beer Fest are coming in the month of September. Xorbia.com is selling tickets.
- Taste of Atlanta tickets are now available at a number of retailers, particularly Whole Foods and Cook's Warehouse, or online at TasteofAtlanta.com.
For more festival information, select any of the aforementioned links or visit the Atlanta Festivals Examiner homepage at Examiner.com. Thanks!