Shapely arms look great on any woman at any age. However, it's not just enough to have nice arms. Adding shape and size to them will set them apart from the average woman. One way to do this is to train the biceps muscles.
There are a number of exercises for training biceps. But for shape and peaks, the best exercise for your biceps is the concentration curl. The concentration curl works both heads of the biceps and should be incorporated as a finishing movement, since it is not one that would normally be performed with heavy weights. The concentration curl is designed for just that, concentration on your movement and form. This exercise gives your biceps peaks; whereas they appear taller at the top of the muscle.
To perform concentration curls, the only equipment you will need is a bench and a dumbbell. Once you have completed your heavier biceps routines, this exercise is perfect for completing your training of this muscle group.
- Sit on a flat bench with one dumbbell, legs spread with knees bent, feet and dumbbell on the floor in front of you;
- Bend forward and pick up the dumbbell with the arm you are using to curl. Make sure your back is flat and that your legs and feet are far enough apart that you can lift the dumbbell without obstructing your movement;
- Before bringing the dumbbell up, make sure your elbow is resting inside of your knee or thigh for support;
- Make sure your wrist is forward while holding the dumbbell in movement and not bent backward;
- Rotate your palm to a face forward position away from your thigh. Then bring the dumbbell up and squeeze at the top of the movement, lower and repeat.
A good number of reps will be anywhere from 10 to 15, for 3 to 4 sets each arm. Note that during the movement when your arm is extended, the dumbbell should be above the floor. This will be your start position. Also note that only your forearm should be moving. If you find yourself rocking the dumbbell to an upward position or find yourself rocking with the exercise, your form is definitely off. If the only way to lift the dumbbell is to swing it upward, it may be a great indication that you have chosen the wrong weight. Be sure to use a weight that will enable you to complete your reps. This is very important. You will definitely not receive any benefit from this exercise if your form is off and the weight is too heavy.
Having well sculpted defined biceps is very sexy on any woman and also gives clothing an added flare. It is not only an appearance bonus, it also indicate strength, since the only way to build the biceps muscles or any muscle is to take that muscle beyond its comfort zone.