They say that one person’s trash is another person’s treasure. This saying can’t be more true than on August 17, the National Thrift Shop Day. So if you feel like seeking out some vintage items to add to your closet for a great bargain, there isn’t a better day than National Thrift Shop Day to do so.
Thrift shop prices are already low, but expect to find special deals and sales on National Thrift Shop Day. Goodwill is probably the most well-known second-hand shop. There is sure to be one in your area that will be slashing their prices for this holiday.
Dig up your next favorite trend at your local thrift shop on this day – and hey, just in time for school! National Thrift Shop Day doesn’t only include clothing. Anything sold at a thrift shop goes. This means gadgets, home décor, furniture, and even appliances.
While thrift shop stores are fun for most, there are others who really depend on these low prices. If you are not in need and don’t wish to shop on this day, consider donating your old items and clothes to your local thrift shop.
Tips for National Thrift Shop Day from AZ Central:
- Try before you buy! Most of these items, if not all, are final sale.
- Go in with old clothes that you no longer wear and trade it in for store credit!
- Wash your purchases when you get home before you wear them. Thrift shops are supposed to wash their items, but a double wash never hurt!
- Seniors, soldiers, and students get a discount at most thrift stores.
- Check out AZ Central for more tips.