Create a sweet and spicy side dish recipe the whole family will love.
Toss in some sauteed mushrooms, fresh ginger, red peppers with onions; and use just a few teaspoons of honey mixed with a popular spicy red sauce for added flavor.
Sweet and Spicy Red Rice: Ingredients
1 1/2 cups of Jasmine rice
1/2 cup of mushrooms
1/4 cup of minced ginger
1/2 teaspoon of finely minced garlic
1/2 cup of minced red peppers
1/4 cup of chopped red onions
1/3 cup of olive oil
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
1/3 cup of raw or organic honey
1/3 cup of Red Tiger Sauce
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of sage
1 teaspoon of ground oregano
1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt
2 tablespoons of roasted sesame seeds for garnish
1. Boil rice according to packaging instructions; set cooked rice covered to the side.
2. Preheat a large frying pan or skillet on medium high and add olive oil; toss in onions, mushrooms, red peppers, and garlic.
3. Season vegetables with oregano, sage, and black pepper; add sesame oil to the vegetables and stir completely.
4. Adjust heat temperature to frying pan on low heat and toss in the ginger.
5. Allow ginger to rest; without stirring for 1 minute.
6. Mix in 1/2 of the rice into the frying pan, once the first batch is completely incorporated with vegetables stir in the rest.
7. Mix in honey, tiger sauce, paprika spices, and soy sauce.
8. Serve rice in separate side dishes and garnish with roasted sesame seeds.
Can't find these and other ingredients for this recipe in your grocery store? Just use the links provided within the article to end your search.