From award-winning filmmaker Jean-Marc Vallée comes the powerful biographical drama film Dallas Buyers Club. It is based on the true-life tale of Ron Woodroof who was diagnosed as HIV-positive with only 30 days to live and his subsequent battle to find alternative treatments for him and others afflicted with the disease. Matthew McConaughey gives the performance of his career as Ron Woodroof and is joined by a stellar cast that includes Jared Leto, Jennifer Garner and Steve Zahn. Dallas Buyers Club won two Golden Globes including Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama for McConaughey and Best Supporting Performance in a Motion Picture – Drama, Musical or Comedy for Leto. The film has also garnered six Academy Award nominations including Best Picture, Best Actor for McConaughey, Best Supporting Actor for Leto and Best Original Screenplay.
In 1985, Texas rodeo cowboy and electrician Ron Woodroof is living a freewheeling lifestyle filled with smoking, drinking, drugs and casual sex. Suddenly, it comes to a full stop when he is diagnosed as HIV-positive and given only 30 days to live. Refusing to accept his death sentence, he begins extensive research to better understand the disease and how to combat it. With the only FDA-approved drug AZT having little effect and resulting in his near death, he seeks out alternative therapies and smuggles unapproved drugs into the U.S. from wherever he can find them despite the concern of his doctor Eve Saks. Although Ron is a homophobic outsider to the gay community, he finds an unlikely ally in Rayon, a transsexual AIDS patient who shares his lust for life. Together, they establish a hugely successful “buyers club” to sell these treatments to a growing number of HIV-positive people who have no time to wait for the medical establishment to save them. However, soon its popularity is brought to the attention of the FDA and pharmaceutical companies and an all-out war is waged against Ron and his Dallas Buyers Club. In the years following his diagnosis, the Lone Star loner fights for his and others’ lives like never before, living life to the fullest.
Special features include deleted scenes and "A Look Inside Dallas Buyers Club" featurette.
- Matthew McConaughey as Ron Woodroof
- Jennifer Garner as Dr. Eve Saks
- Jared Leto as Rayon
- Steve Zahn as Tucker
- Dallas Roberts as David Wayne
- Michael O'Neill as Richard Barkley
- Denis O'Hare as Dr. Sevard
- Griffin Dunne as Dr. Vass
- Jane McNeill as Francine Suskind
- James DuMont as Rayon's father
- Bradford Cox as Sunny, Rayon's lover
- Kevin Rankin as T. J.
- Lawrence Turner as Larry
- Matthew Thompson as Effeminate Man
- Adam Dunn as Neddie Jay
- Deleted Scenes
- A Look Inside Dallas Buyers Club
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.