From the National Geographic Channel comes the thrilling factual television drama film Killing Kennedy directed by Nelson McCormick from a screenplay by Kelly Masterson. Timed to the 50th anniversary of the assassination, it is based on Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard’s New York Times bestselling non-fiction book of the same name. Emmy-award winning actor Rob Lowe stars in the iconic role of President John F. Kennedy and Ginnifer Goodwin joins Lowe in the White House as the much-loved first lady and American royalty, Jacqueline Kennedy. Rounding out the dynamic cast is Michelle Trachtenberg in her first Russian-speaking role as Marina Oswald and Will Rothhaar as Lee Harvey Oswald.
Killing Kennedy chronicles one of the most shocking events that altered the course of American history. As Kennedy rises to become the U.S. President and the Cold War escalates, he struggles to contain the growth of Communism while learning the hardships, solitude, and temptations of what it means to be president. Along the way he acquires formidable enemies including those who wish to target him and his brother, Attorney General Robert Kennedy. Meanwhile, Lee Harvey Oswald, a Marxist and former Marine, has grown disillusioned with America and finds himself in the U.S. embassy in Moscow renouncing his U.S. citizenship.
- Giveaway: Enter here for a chance to win a free copy of Justin Long's new romantic comedy film A Case of You on Blu-ray - Expires 2/20/14
In the midst of a 1963 campaign trip to Texas, Kennedy crosses paths with Oswald and is subsequently gunned down by the young erratic drifter who escapes the scene, but is later caught and shot dead. Two men from very different backgrounds head on a collision course that day, sending the nation into the cataclysmic division of the Vietnam War and its culture-changing aftermath.
The DVD and Blu-ray are loaded with never-before-seen special features that go even deeper into the conspiracy that shook the nation including an extended feature, a making-of featurette, "The Kennedy Mystique" featurette and an exclusive interview with author Bill O’Reilly.
Exclusive Video Clip:
Check out the exclusive Bill O'Reilly video clip (on the left) where he speaks about how the Kennedy assassination was not a conspiracy. As a reporter, he followed where the facts took him in the investigation and it led to his belief that Oswald was the lone gunman who committed the crime that shook the nation.
- Rob Lowe as John F. Kennedy
- Will Rothhaar as Lee Harvey Oswald
- Ginnifer Goodwin as Jacqueline Kennedy
- Michelle Trachtenberg as Marina Oswald
- Jack Noseworthy as Robert F. Kennedy
- Casey Siemaszko as Jack Ruby
- Francis Guinan as Lyndon B. Johnson
- Richard Flood as Kenny O'Donnell
- Mary Pat Gleason as Marguerite Oswald
- Boris McGiver as FBI Special Agent John W. Fain
- Jamie McShane as US Moscow Embassy consul Richard Edward Snyder
- Brian Hutchison as USSS Special Agent Winston Lawson
- Antoinette LaVecchia as Lady Bird Johnson
- Keith Tyree as Governor John Connally
- Extended Feature
- Camelot's End: The Making of Killing Kennedy
- Killing Kennedy: An Interview with Author Bill O'Reilly
- The Kennedy Mystique
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.