From scare master Vincenzo Natali, the director of Splice and Cube, comes the unsettling and shocking horror film Haunter. Named an Official Selection at the 2013 SXSW festival, it stars Academy Award nominee Abigail Breslin, veteran actor Stephen McHattie, Eleanor Zichy, Peter Outerbridge, Michelle Nolden and David Hewlett.
In this one-of-a-kind reverse haunted house ghost story that is a mix of The Others, The Lovely Bones and Groundhog Day, 15-year-old Lisa and her family died in 1986 just one day shy of her birthday under sinister circumstances . However, for nearly 30 years they have continued to live that same miserable day over and over again, never realizing they are dead already. It is not until Lisa "wakes up" and begins to notice things that make her finally come to the distressing realization of her and her loved ones’ deaths.
Connecting with Olivia, the daughter of a future family, who now lives in the very same house, Lisa unravels the mystery of behind her and other victims’ deaths in the house. She discovers that the house once belonged to a serial killer who kidnapped teenage girls and burned their remains in a hidden furnace room. When he died, he became a Haunter - a powerful, evil spirit able to possess the living. To save Olivia and her family from becoming the next victims and suffering the same fate, Lisa will have to summon the past victims of the house to stop the Haunter once and for all.
Haunter Blu-ray Giveaway:
If sappy romantic movies are not your thing and you prefer to scare your Valentine, here is a treat that will surely be a fright!
TWO lucky readers will win a free copy of Haunter on Blu-ray thanks to IFC Films.
- "Like" this article at the top of the page.
- Share this article with your friends at the top of the page via Facebook or Twitter.
- Subscribe to get the latest news and best deals on DVD and Blu-ray releases.
- Send an email with the subject line HAUNTER GIVEAWAY to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Mailing Address (no P.O. Boxes please)
- Email address
Entries will be accepted beginning 12:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on February 12, 2014, and ending 11:59 PM ET on February 28, 2014. Two winners will be chosen randomly from the entries received and will be notified by email. The winners will have 3 days to respond to the email before alternate winners will be chosen. Good luck!
- Abigail Breslin as Lisa
- Stephen McHattie as The Pale Man
- David Hewlett as Olivia’s Father
- Peter Outerbridge as Bruce
- Michelle Nolden as Carol
- Samantha Weinstein as Frances Nichols
- Sarah Manninen as Olivia’s Mother
- Peter DaCunha as Robbie
- Eleanor Zichy as Olivia
- David Knoll as Edgar
- Marie Dame as Edgar’s Mother
- Michelle Coburn as Mary Brooks
- Tadhg McMahon as Edgar’s Father
- Martine Campbell as Olivia’s Sister
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.