(AP Photo/Jessica Hill)
There is no better way to honor the special father in your life than by helping others who are serving our country.
Any father would appreciate a gift to a US soldier made in his name. After all, fathers serving away from their families make it possible for those safe at home to enjoy Father's Day with their loved ones.
Say "Thank You" by donating to a charity helping US soldiers every day:
- USO - Provide special comfort, morale and recreational services to the military overseas and right here at home through internet and email access, housing and emergency services, and celebrity entertainment.
- Operation Gratitude - Help lift the morale of our troops overseas by sending care packages containing food, hygiene products, entertainment items and personal letters of appreciation.
- AnySoldier.com - Send support and gifts directly to any soldier or any unit you want.
- Cell Phones for Soldiers! - Help soldiers serving overseas call home and hear their loved ones' voices with prepaid calling cards and recycled used cell phones.
- Freedom is Not Free - Give support and aid to wounded and fallen soldiers and their families.
- Soldiers' Angels - Provide aid and comfort to troops in all of the armed forces.
- Armed Forces Foundation - Help direct financial support to veterans and military families here at home for everyday living expenses, transition and career counseling, funeral arrangements, family counseling and retreats, travel expenses and housing improvements.
- DefendingFreedom.org - Contribute to a foundation that supports and provides assistance to other military charities such as Children of Fallen Soldiers Relief Fund, Armor 4 Troops Foundation and The Armed Forces Relief Trust.
Remembering Dad on Father's Day is a given. Remembering other dads who cannot be with their loved ones on Father's Day is a really special gift. Honor the sacrifices they have made for our country by donating today.
Happy Father's Day!
DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE. Subscribe to Darby Herrington’s column by clicking on the "SUBSCRIBE" button ABOVE. Questions? Want to see a certain topic addressed? Add a comment here or email me with "Examiner" in the subject line at: firstname.lastname@example.org