It's Father's Day Weekend! Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there!
Masculine cards can be a challenge to put together. A card full of flowers just doesn't do much for the manly man in your life. The paper crafting companies are getting better at offering more masculine varieties to help you put together a great card for dad. This year necktie stamps and images are very popular.
For one of the dad's cards I am putting together, I went to my stash of Avocado Arts stamps. These great stamps are not currently available at our local craft stores. You can however visit their website and purchase from them directly or plan to catch up with them in October of this year when they will visit one of the Denver and Colorado Springs rubber stamp expo's.
The card features the June 2012: Let's Catch Up set and May 2012: Thoughts and Smiles set from Avocado Arts. I just loved the fish and fish bowl and the fish is an image that works for my dad’s day card. Other than Avocado Arts stamp sets, all supplies were purchased from and can be found at local stores such as Archiver’s, Stampin’ To See You and Michael’s. This is a card you could whip up this weekend and substitute the fish for your dad's favorite images such as golf or neckties.
- Distress Markers by Ranger Ink (Fired Brick, Rusty Hinge, Spiced Marmalde, Tumbled Glass, Chipped Saphhire, Broken China)
- Distress Ink by Ranger Ink (Salty Ocean)
- Tim Holtz Water Brush, detailed tip
- Memento Ink (Tuxedo Black)
- Glossy Accents from Ranger Ink
- Core'dinations cardstock (Lake)
- White card stock (Wal-Mart cardstock)
- Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies, Large and Small Octagons
- Sizzix Textured Embossing Folder (Winter Set, Snowballs)
Happy Father's Day!