It's the new "chivalrous" version of the knockout game. The assailant in this rendition is not some punk kid. His attack is not intended as a prank and is not captured by his compatriots for posterity. There is a visual record of the man, whose identity police are attempting to ascertain.
New York's Daily News has the lowdown:
Police [in suburban Philadelphia] are searching for an overprotective father who assaulted a man for looking at his daughter.
The Upper Darby Police Department ... has released a picture of the man and his daughter who were in a Wawa convenience store Sunday when police said the man did not approve of how another male was looking at his child.
The suspect (who could use a bra himself) punched the ogler in the face. He and his curvaceous daughter then turned and exited, but not before a security camera captured their likenesses.
According to Philly.com, the unidentified 47-year-old victim was ordering a sandwich when the indignant dad approached him, accused him of eyeing his daughter, and cold-cocked him. The victim, who is believed to have suffered a concussion, was taken to Delaware County Memorial Hospital for treatment.
Upper Darby police Superintendent Michael Chitwood told reporters:
If somebody's looking at your daughter, why don't you confront him instead of punching him? This guy's not an overprotective father ... That's just his excuse for thumping the guy.
- Armed deputies to ride on FL school buses following ‘knockout’ attack
- The ‘knockout game’ now depraved ‘fun’ for losers of all ages
- WaPo cartoon of Bibi punching Gaza baby ‘disgusting,’ says Jewish group (Video)
- Teacher allegedly instructs one 2nd-grader to punch a peer in the face
- Latest ‘knockout’ perp targeted a disabled man as his victim
- NYC man with broken jaw latest victim of ‘knockout game’
- Bus driver whose life saved by Bible latest victim of knockout game
- Good Samaritan nabs cretin who punched 8-year-old in face and stole his iPad
- 18-year-old who delivered deadly ‘knockout’ punch sentenced to 10 years