Think you don't have enough time to cook a healthy meal? Think again. This healthy and delicious chicken stir fry takes only minutes to make. Instead of chopping the vegetables yourself, this recipe calls for pre-chopped ingredients found in the produce section of your grocery store. Skip the take out line tonight and try this recipe instead.
Here's what you need for a serving of 6:
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
• 1 cup asparagus, cut into 2 inch segments
• 1 (16 oz) package pre-chopped stir fry vegetables
• 1 (10 oz) package shredded cabbage
• 1 cup chopped pineapple
• 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
• 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the garlic. When the garlic is browned add the asparagus. Stir fry for 5 minutes or until the asparagus turns bright green.
2. Add the chopped stir fry vegetables, cabbage, and pineapple. Stir fry for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Add the cooked chicken pieces and mix in the teriyaki sauce. Stir fry for another minute, until the sauce is evenly distributed.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 117 calories, 1.8g fat, 15.8g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 10.7g protein.
Recipe and Image: Fitness and More