For some of us, our hands are steady and never get the shakes. For others, deft placement and easy touch are not their strong suit. When it comes to winning Jenga BOOM you better hope that you are part of the steady, fast crowd.
Jenga BOOM is a hot version of classic Jenga released by Hasbro. In this game, the keys to success are quick, deft placement and strategy. While the fun of playing this game might be explosive, the game itself is not.
Here's how you play. Playing the game is easy to do. First you pull the string to set the timer. Second you set up the Jenga blocks. Next you take turns to move the blocks to build the tower. Players have to think quickly. In this version, players can sit, think and wait. Hesitation will lead to your downfall (or the tower's downfall.)
When playing with boys, they may wait and cheer when the timer expires and the tower goes kaboom. Still, the time limit portion of the game does make for quicker thinking. If the excitement and pressure of an imminent fall makes Family Game Night more engaging, I'm all for it.
Here's what you can expect with Jenga BOOM
- Toy detonator gets your heart racing!
- Check out the fuse and the ticking mechanical timer.
- The Explosive JENGA Tower!
- Start the timer, and stack the blocks on top of the tower— fast!
- The platform drops and the blocks fly.
- Exciting, suspenseful action!
- Speed, skill, and strategy keep you in the game.
- Challenge yourself or play with your friends.
Jenga BOOM is recommended for ages 6 and up. It retails for approximately $17.99 at most major retail outlets.