“Fast & Furious7” was left in limbo following the untimely death of Paul Walker this past weekend. Walker, one of the film’s stars who had appeared in five of the six previous films, died in a single vehicle, high speed car accident on Saturday near Los Angeles. According to the BBC on Dec. 2, the decision to go forward with the film has been made.
According to a source quoted by the Hollywood Reporter, the film will face delays but will still be released. Sources said the film had been shot but had not yet been completed.
The cast and crew had gone on break for the Thanksgiving holiday but were supposed to start up again on Sunday in Atlanta. For now, they will take the necessary time to attend to Paul and his family before dealing with the film. Everyone recognizes that “Fast & Furious 7” is still an important film and that it needs to be finished. It won’t be abandoned.
Costar and friend, Tyrese Gibson, openly wept when he visited the scene of the accident carrying a flower. He had this to say on his Instagram account about Walker:
"Paul is the heartbeat of this franchise and we're gonna see to it that his energy and presence lives on forever."
Another co-star, Jordana Brewster, said: "Paul was pure light. I cannot believe he is gone."
Vin Diesel, another superstar of the film franchise wrote "heaven has gained a new angel". He also posted on Twitter, "Brother, I will miss you very much." In a second message he continued expressing his grief:
"My heart is hurting so sad. Paul Walker was a good man. RIP my friend... Sorry to the Walker family."
At the time of his death, Paul was reprising his role as Brian O'Conner for “Fast & Furious 7.”
©TheresaLeschmann. All Rights Reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author. Partial reposting is permitted with a link back to the original article.