The "Fast Diet" and "Practical Paleo" are among the Top 10 Diet Books for 2014. Now that the new year has kicked off, weight-loss and diet books are all the rage, with people clamoring for the fastest way to drop the pounds.
Fox News reviewed the best diet books for weight loss and health, and said its top 10 list include the following:
1. The Fast Diet. Intermittent fasting is January's hottest weight-loss trend, and the Fast Diet (or 5:2 diet) is blazing the trail with a proven track record for producing rapid, sustained weight loss.
On the Fast Diet, dieters fast two days of the week and eat whatever they want the other five days. Dieters typically eat 500 calories (600 for men) on their "fasting" days and follow their normal diets the other days.
Studies show that people who followed the 5:2 diet experienced fast weight loss without deprivation. What's more, research suggests that intermittent fasting protects brain health, helps maintain lean muscle mass, and boosts the release of anti-aging hormones.
2. Eat to Live. Author Dr. Joel Fuhrman suggests a "nutritarian" approach to eating, which calls for a diet rich in antioxidants, minerals and phytochemicals. On the Eat to Live eating plan, dieters eliminate meat and animal products but consume as much fresh vegetables, fruits and beans as they want. Fuhrman said the diet can help you lose 20 pounds in six weeks.
3. What Are You Hungry For? Dr. Deepak Chopra reveals how you can lose weight by controlling emotional overeating. Chopra said practicing mindful eating, meditating, and controlling stress helps you enjoy improved health, happiness and effortless weight loss. Chopra recently discussed how he lost 20 pounds on the Dr. Oz Show.
4. Crazy Sexy Diet. Author Kris Carr overhauled her diet after being diagnosed with cancer, but got healthy after following a diet consisting of lots of vegetables and fresh juices.
5. The Emotional Eater’s Repair Manual. Therapist Julie M. Simon explains the link between emotional eating and weight gain, and provides simple self-help guidelines for defeating overeating and negative emotions.
6. Practical Paleo. The Paleo diet was the most popular diet of 2013, thanks to its capacity to produce dramatic weight loss without deprivation. The Paleo diet emphasizes high-quality animal proteins, healthy fats, vegetables and fruits, and excludes gluten, sugar, dairy, legumes, starches, alcohol and processed foods. Author Diane Sanfilippos provides a gluten-free eating plan that promises to accelerate weight loss and prevent disease.
7. French Women Don’t Get Fat. French writer Mireille Guiliano reveals how French women stay skinny while eating delicious foods like chocolate, bread, cheese and wine. Guiliano said being thin is easy if you walk, exercise portion control, and eat a wide variety of whole foods.
8. Gluten Free Every Day. This gluten-free recipe book provides menus that can satisfy any palate, even if you don't suffer from celiac disease or gluten sensitivity.
9. Skinny B*tch in the Kitch. This vegan diet book reveals how a plant-based diet can help you lose weight and get healthy, all while enjoying delicious, satisfying foods.
10. Substitute Yourself Skinny. This recipe book provides healthy versions of all your favorite foods at a fraction of the fat and calories.