Paul Walker's tragic death last week broke the hearts of people all over America. 'Fast and Furious' fans had a strong liking for his character Brian O'Conner. As usual, they were planning on watching him in 'Fast and Furious 7' which had been in production. After taking some time to process his sudden passing, people have began asking what might come of the upcoming movie now. According to a TMZ report dated Saturday, Dec. 7, filming will continue eventually.
A reporter spoke with director James Wan at the airport. After expressing his condolences, he asked Wan how everyone was holding up. Not surprisingly, Wan said that everyone is sad and somber, but they are dealing with it. When asked if production would ultimately continue, Wan softly said, "yes." Understandably, the director didn't give any further details. It's hard to say "when," it will pick back up, but it's reasonable to believe that everyone needs an extended break. It's probable that they also respectively want to devote this time to grieving and remembering Walker.
Also, it is obvious that some serious script rewrites will need to take place, which will likely take further time. The storyline and plot will have to be handled carefully. TMZ has guessed that they will either write out Walker's character, or that they may even start from scratch. It's impossible to know exactly what they will decide, but in the end, 'Fast and Furious 7' will still be released at some point.
The upcoming film will be sad no matter what direction is taken, but in the long run, 'Fast and Furious 7' will be shot in honor of Paul Walker.
Are you surprised that 'Fast and Furious 7' will still be released?