This past week some major celebrities and fashionistas gathered at Art Basel in Miami to enjoy art and party it up. Examiner.com had the opportunity to attend some of these exclusive parties. Below are a few of our favorite events and sightings. Yesterday on Dec. 7, Pop-Up Piano Miami (PUPM) and The Related Group’s 3-day concert series came to an end. Guests enjoyed performances by Rami Jaffee of the Foo Fighters, Jessy Greene (who has performed with Pink and the Foo Fighters), Dave Krusen, a former drummer for Pearl Jam, Jason Abraham Roberts (a guitarist for Norah Jones), Jonny Kaplan and Jokin Salaverria. Miami-based singer-songwriter Cris Cab, opened up the jam session. One of the pianos on display was donated by the grandson of holocaust survivors, who had the piano in his family for decades. The free event was held at The Related Group’s SLS Brickell, Hyde Midtown and Paraiso Bay sites, all designed by Arquitectonica.
On Friday Dec. 6, Belvedere Vodka turned world famous Mango's Tropical Cafe "Red" for the Art Binder party at Art Basel. (Belvedere)Red transformed the private second floor of Mango's into New York's fashion and art scene with over 200 party-goers including the founder of ArtBinder, Alexandra Chemla, DJ Hannah Bronfman and actor Adrian Grenier. Adrian Grenier and Gabrielle Union were also spotted at Architectural Digest and Miami Cocktail Co.’s AD Oasis.
- That evening, while the tents were full of visitors viewing paintings and sculptures, Miami was also finding the time to see art in different ways all over town. Architectural design was a hot topic in South Beach. Some great artistic voices in the city were found at The Related Group's VIP cocktail celebration for Marea. Real estate developer Jorge Perez and Whitewall Magazine exhibited artists Riccardo De Marchi and Markus Linnenbrink at the party for the luxury condominium project. Real estate brokers, art collectors and fashionistas all gathered at the sunset event for the latest luxury boutique residences South of Fifth. Guests mingled in the elaborate courtyard next to the ocean to sip chilled Nicolas Feuillatte champagne and taste exquisite hors d'oeuvres.
- Nearby, another buzzworthy party was being held at Soho House. The Bombay Sapphire Artisan Series Finale Dinner was hosted by RUSH Philanthropic’s Russell and Danny Simmons and Top Chef’s Tom Colicchio. Celebrity attendees who showed their support included: Paris and Nicky Hilton, Tommy Hilfiger and Lizzy Somerby, Stephen Dorff, China Chow, Shepard Fairey, Kelly Bensimon and DJ Cassidy, to name a few.
- Fusion MIA and Grey Goose Vodka honored director of "The Butler," Lee Daniels with a “Fly Beyond” award for his "accomplishments and triumphant spirit." Latin muralist “Trek 6” created a mural in front of the Grey Goose and Fusion MIA pop-up gallery commemorating the achievements of visionary and former South Africa president Nelson Mandela, who passed away earlier this week.
- NYC's PRAVDA and Global Citizen celebrated "I ART NY," at the 5D-Society, home of the former Playboy Theater in Miami Beach. Guests danced to tunes spun by The Misshapes, and sipped Russian Standard cocktails in the cavernous dimly lit and debaucherous space.
On Thursday, Dec 5., fashion accelerator TrendSeeder, and NoBe67 Prêt-à-Porter, celebrated the launch of Nobe 67 Prêt-à-Porter, the first ever womenswear designer showcase to occur in tandem with Art Basel Miami Beach. Miami's local social and fashion crowd sipped cocktails in the legendary Deauville Lounge, while enjoying music by DJ Jilly Hendrix, and photography by Camilo Rios, while getting a sneak peek at the designers who are featured in the fair. Natalie Meruelo and Avani Patel of TrendSeeder hosted the celebration. Guests enjoyed cocktails and Cuban themed treats of mini-cuban sandwiches, tasty empanadas and to stones as they viewed Suukala’s sexy and sleek line on display. “It is such an honor to have my line featured here at the party,” Suukala designer Eugenia Toth told Examiner.com. “ People come from all over the world during Art Basel, so it is a great time for fashion to make a statement.”
- Ketel One Vodka debuted - De Nolet, an installation of the brands distillery in Holland including a copper windmill and all. The evening was co-hosted by photographer Randall Slavin who unveiled never before seen images of Zoe Saldana, Eva Longoria, Charlize Theron, Ben Stiller and more. Eva Longoria came by with new boyfriend Antonio Baston, the couple arrived in a silver Ferrari and were very lovely. Kevin Spacey swung by and embraced Eva as soon as he saw her. The party was presented by Ketel One crafted cocktails.
- Alex Dellal, Stavros Niarchos, and Vito Schnabel hosted, in collaboration with Dom Pérignon, an after party at The Wall following an intimate dinner hosted by Aby Rosen and Samantha Boardman at The Dutch. Dinner guests Andre Balazs, Harry Brant, Peter M. Brant, Lyor Cohen, Stephen Dorff, Gina Gershon, Tommy Hilfiger, Paris Hilton, Barron Hilton, Nicky Hilton, Zoe Kravitz, Karolina Kurkova, Vito Schnabel, Lola Schnabel, Tony Shafrazi and others, joined after party guests, Adrian Grenier, Jemima Kirk, Lola Kirke, Harmony and Rachel Korine, Lenny Kravitz, Chelsea Leyland, Nicole Richie, Russell Simmons and Steven Tyler and listened to music by DJ Rukus and Zoe Kravitz, with a special appearance by Patrick Carney of The Black Keys to experience Dom Pérignon’s new Limited Edition by Jeff Koons.
Art Basel Miami on Dec. 4 was packed with city transplants in town to experience the world’s largest art fair. Wallpaper* Handmade debuted their groundbreaking exhibition in collaboration with renowned British car manufacturer Jaguar on Thursday. The show dedicated to craftsmanship and design was attended by hundreds of decked out art lovers and car enthusiasts. Prestigious Perrier-Jouët House of Champagne was enjoyed by guests at the grand opening celebration. Around 70 pieces from some of the world’s leading designers, artists and brands, all previously commissioned by Wallpaper* editors for the exhibition, were on display for the much anticipated show. Works included collaborations with brands such as Karl Lagerfeld, Brioni, and Bottega Veneta and designers such as Barber Osgerby, Konstantin Grcic, Snarkitecture and Johanna Grawunder. Jaguar also displayed an array of stunning vehicles inside the exhibition gallery and along the entrance. The highly acclaimed F-TYPE, an all-new, two-seater sports car; the new F-TYPE Coupe and the C-X17 concept vehicle all were well-photographed as guests took time to pose for pictures to capture the beauty of the evening.
- MCM and Harper’s Bazaar celebrated the debut of the MCM limited edition collection with pop-art duo, Craig & Karl at an afternoon fete at The Soho Beach House during Basel Miami Beach. Estelle and Nicola Peltz were in attendance. Ana Calderone was in the turntables. The Soho Beach House Tiki Bar was transformed into a tropical winter wonderland, filled with visual sensationalism including life-size snow-globe bag displays and larger than life graphics. Guests sipped on custom MCM cocktails including München Citrus Margarita and the München Coconut Mojito. Other enticing event elements included themed beach balls, eyewear and a fully branded Instagram photo booth.
- Everyone in South Beach headed over the bridge to Mana Wynwood to experience Flaunt Magazine and Wildfox’s “Affordable Care” opening party presented by Belvedere. Vanessa Beecroft in collaboration with Kanye West debuted a special performance piece among artwork by David LaChapelle, Hunter and Gatti and Ben Jones. Art lovers to celebrities enjoyed viewing pieces displayed in the open warehouse as a cool beach breeze blew in. “This space is incredible,” Asa Soltan Rahmati of Shahs of Sunset told Examiner.com. “This is my first Art Basel and I am having a great time.”
- Belvedere Vodka was also at Wynwood Art District to host a their third year partnership with (RED) with the return of the (BELVEDERE)RED Special Edition Bottle at the mega-club space with hip-hop recording artist Kendrick Lamar. The gorgeous space decked out in fantastic blazes of red hues was the perfect platform for Lamar’s performance. The crowd of over 500 enjoyed listening to his hit songs "Poetic Justice", "Swimming Pools" and "Don't Kill My Vibe.” Fifty percent of profits from the global sale of the (Belvedere)Red Special Edition go to the Global Fund an organization which fights HIV/AIDS in Africa.
- Also during the night Miami-based fashion house Del Toro took advantage of the biggest weekend in Miami to celebrate the opening of their pop-up shop on Collins Avenue. The footwear and accessory brand for both men and women hosted an exclusive cocktail party where (Belvedere)Red Vodka was flowing. VIP guests listened to the tunes of DJ Vertigo and had an opportunity to experience the lifestyle brand firsthand. The launch of the Del Toro X Italia Independent collaboration line was a hit with those picking out pairs of the infamous loafers worn by the likes of team members of the Miami Heat. Del Toro’s Co-founder and Creative Director Matthew Chevallard worked alongside Italia Independent’s Founder Lapo Elkann to expand the Del Toro shoe line with custom-designed sunglasses and matching Chukkas that were also sold to partygoers. The temporary shop will be open until March. “The whole world comes to Miami this week so it is an ideal time to get the store open,” stated Chevallard. “This is going to be a great Art Basel.”
On Dec. 3, Art Miami, celebrating its 24th year, hosted its annual VIP Preview. The event drew a huge crowd of tastemakers, influencers, celebrities, artists, exhibitors, collectors and enthusiasts, including Cindy Crawford, who arrived in the all-new Maserati Quattroporte GTS. Leonardo DiCaprio, Val Kilmer Vito Schnabel, among other guests were spotted at the Best Buddies International and The Brant Foundation's "Buddies Art + Friendship Auction."
Tons of celebrities hung out at the GBK Productions gifting suite at L’Ermitage Hotel in Beverley Hills in celebration of the American Music Awards on Nov. 23. Amongst the many that stopped by the Mark Hill Hair Care booth to get glitzy and fabulous, include the newly pregnant Melissa Rycroft and hubby Tye Strickland who didn’t stop rubbing her belly; “Shameless” star Emma Kenney who touched up her luscious red locks; “Boy Meets World” Maitland Ward who fixed her fly-aways, and “The Hunger Games” star Stef Dawson who checked herself out in the mirror.