Choosing the right necklace for your neckline isn't always as easy as it sounds, and pairing the wrong length or shape with your outfit can leave you looking mis-matched and awkward.
If you've been wondering what style of necklace to wear with a turtle neck, v-neck, or halter top, or have trouble deciding which length necklace to choose for a strapless gown, then watch this quick video full of fashion tips!
In the video you'll find answers to all these questions and see what works best for your favorite styles. These valuable fashion tips will help you no matter what the latest fashion trend, and includes suggestions for both day and night.
In general, there are a few basic fashion tips you can follow to help you find the right necklace for your neckline:
- Pairing a round shaped necklace with a v-neck is a no-no. Choose a necklace with a pendant so that it falls in a "V" shape to mimic your neckline.
- Don't wear any necklace at all with a halter top - earrings and bracelets make better accessories for this type of neckline.
- Choker length necklaces (14-16 inches) are suggested to accessorize strapless tops and dresses. Strings of pearls or crystals work well, or delicate chain necklaces with a tiny pendant or drop are quite pretty too!
- A Princess length necklace (between 17-18 inches long) is a lovely accompaniment to a plunging neckline, and especially for evening gowns with this feature.
- Opera length necklaces (22-24 inches) pair well with turtleneck tops and can really complete the look nicely!
For other Dallas Jewelry Examiner articles, follow this link. Would you like to receive an email notification when new articles are available by this author? Subscribe through this link. Thanks for reading!