Fashion week is right around the corner. We have some fun fashion highlights for you!
- Tracy Reese Fall 2013 collection is very much inspired by New York with all its harshness and beauty. Reese combines a variety of rich textures and both feral and romantic patterns for a collection of sexy silhouettes with an emphasis on hourglass dresses, longer slim skirts, sweater tunics and bold, meaty jackets and coats. Black in all of its magnificence, from deep velvety darkness to textured patent refraction, anchors a palette highlighted by scarlet, cerise, teal, aubergine, tan and lychee. With a strong dress presence in this season's collection, a classic and flattering Floral Frock in Scarlet is embellished with delicate beading and paired with a flat closed-toe bootie to create a timeless and modern, yet easy-to-wear look.
- Perry Ellis Spring 2013 ad campaign was announced. The brand’s new advertising platform, Very Perry, which launched this past fall, evolves for spring capturing the spirit and levity of Perry Ellis with pops of color and unexpected props. Serious fashion moments are interrupted in these images. The unplanned and whimsical trumps the sober and severe. Great style is a must but should be as light as a butterfly and playful as a toy. The three male models featured in the spring ad campaign include Gabriel Chytry, Rainer Andreesen and Vladimir Ivanov, as well as female model, Lindsay Lullman. To note, just last week actor Victor Garber, in the days following Jodie Foster’s coming out at The Golden Globes, introduced Andreesen as his boyfriend. Andreesen is in the middle picture below. The spring campaign will launch in March fashion books, including GQ, Esquire, Men’s Health, and OUT and with out-of-home executions in key markets such as New York City, Los Angeles, Dallas and Toronto.
- American Express announced an exclusive Cardmember Only Show featuring the CH Carolina Herrera collection in collaboration with the editors of Harper’s BAZAAR will take place during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week on February 14th. For the first time ever, American Express Cardmembers and all CH Carolina Herrera fans will be able to shop select looks from the runway show exclusively on ShopBazaar.com. The show will feature 50 looks from the Spring 2013 Men’s and Women’s Collections. Hailed as “Fashion’s First Lady”, Herrera was named the CFDAWomenswear Designer of the Year in 2004 and honored with the Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award in 2008. Acting as a mentor and critic to graduating design students for years, Herrera recently received an honorary Doctorate of Fine Arts from the Fashion Institute of Technology. In addition, she was also awarded the 2012 Fashion Group International Superstar Award. American Express’ partnership with Harper’s BAZAAR will deliver the first true runway to retail show with the support of ShopBAZAAR. Prior to the show, Harper’s BAZAAR editors will work together with the CH Carolina Herrera team to style their favorite top five looks which will be available for sale on ShopBazaar.com. The memorable evening will take place on Thursday, February 14th at 6:30PM at Lincoln Center, kicking off with pre-show cocktails and appearances by Carolina Herrera and Glenda Bailey. Tickets for this night of fashion are available exclusively for American Express Cardmembers beginning January 17th at www.AmericanExpress.com/entertainment. Celebrating its 12th season at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, American Express Cardmembers will have the exclusive opportunity to purchase packages to see some of the best designers show their collections from the American Express Skybox at Lincoln Center. In addition, this season, American Express will once again enhance the Lobby at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week with new features offering an extra level of service at Lincoln Center. To create a more seamless atmosphere for guests of the tents, this season’s American Express Cardmember Services desk will provide a variety of concierge-type offerings including dining and transportation reservations, NYC-area activity recommendations and Card assistance and information provided exclusively by American Express World Service Customer Care Professionals. Guests will be able to stay cozy and nourished this season with a coat check and American Express Refresh Bar serving healthy refreshments and beverage options. In addition, American Express is continuing its support of emerging designers through its partnership with MADE. Cardmembers can get an intimate look into the artistic process through designer meet-and-greets and beauty styling sessions, as well as MADE’s lineup of young designers including CUSHNIE ET OCHS, Jeremy Scott, SUNO and more.
- A|X Armani Exchange announced its Spring 2013 global ad campaign "Island Dwellers" featuring models Marlon Teixeira, Alejandro Alonso, Miguel Iglesias, Alexander Van Ballaer and Camila Queiroz. Styled by David Vandewal and shot on location on a private beach in Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, the campaign captures an intense mood of cool sensuality in a tropical paradise through a provocative energy and soft golden glow. Effortless style and easy dressing evokes an island attitude to create a look of understated luxury and relaxed sophistication. "Island Dwellers" will launch in A|X Armani Exchange stores worldwide and online at www.armaniexchange.com today and will also appear as a series of color images in major national media including, print, outdoor and online in February.
- Television’s biggest stars came together to celebrate ELLE’s Women in Television issue, hosted by ELLE Editor-in-Chief Robbie Myers and ELLE Creative Director Joe Zee in Los Angeles. ELLE, together with presenting sponsors Hearts On Fire Diamonds and Wella Professionals, brought together an extraordinary group for a celebration of women’s achievements in television. Guests included Molly Sims, Nicole Richie, Busy Philipps, Madeleine Stowe, Joel McHale, Morena Baccarin, Maria Menounos, and many others. Hosted by ELLE Editor-in-Chief Robbie Myers and ELLE Creative Director Joe Zee. Additional celebrities included Anna Camp, Ariel Winter, Busy Philipps, Cat Deeley, Colin Egglesfield, Ellie Kemper, Erika Christensen, Francesca Eastwood, Georgia King, Jenna Elfman, Joel McHale, Kiernan Shipka, Kim Raver, Madeleine Stowe, Margarita Levieva, Maria Menounos, Molly Sims, Morena Baccarin, NeNe Leakes, Nicole Richie, Tracee Ellis Ross, and Willa Holland
- On February 8, leading multi-channel retailer HSN will kick off an innovative multi-concert, marketing deal with The Venetian Las Vegas when it hosts a special HSN Live concert event featuring Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter and multi-platinum selling artist Michael Bolton. Michael will debut his newest CD Ain't No Mountain High Enough - A Tribute to Hitsville U.S.A. during a live performance on HSN with special appearances from such Motown greats as Grammy Award®-winner Smokey Robinson, Valerie Simpson (Ashford & Simpson), Martha Reeves and many others. The CD featuring classic Motown hits including duets performed by Kelly Rowland and Melanie Fiona, along with exclusive room packages for The Venetian and The Palazzo and an exclusive six-track bonus CD, Michael’s Greatest Hits Live, can all be pre-ordered now at HSN.com. This exciting new partnership with The Venetian Las Vegas includes HSN Live concerts scheduled quarterly with various artists from The Venetian Theater and exclusive room packages at The Venetian and The Palazzo for HSN customers via TV, HSN.com and HSN Mobile. The HSN Live concert series has featured successful launches from some of the music industry’s biggest artists including Lionel Richie, Rod Stewart, Tony Bennett and most recently, Josh Groban, who introduced his new CD All That Echoes on HSN on January 18.
- In other HSN news, Leading multichannel retailer HSN, television's top drama network TNT and Warner Bros. Television Group welcome the debut of the Dallas online boutique inspired by the enormously popular series Dallas, in conjunction with its return for a second season Monday, January 28 , at 9 p.m. (ET/PT) on TNT. The Dallas inspired boutique is a fashion destination offering curated looks hand-selected by the show's costume designer Rachel Sage Kunin.
- Selena Gomez is on the cover of Nylon's February 2013 issue. On Tuesday, January 29th, NYLON Magazine, along with COACH, celebrated the February 2013 issue with a private dinner hosted by cover star Selena Gomez at Soho House in Los Angeles. At the intimate dinner, Gomez was joined by NYLON Magazine hosts, Editor-in-Chief Marvin Scott Jarrett and Publisher Jaclynn Jarrett, and friends including her Spring Breakers co-star Ashley Benson, Hart of Dixie's Jaime King, actress Ashley Tisdale, GLEE's Chord Overstreet and Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka (with hair styled by black 15in1).
- Balthazar and Rosetta Getty hosted an intimate cocktail party at the Chateau Marmont Wednesday evening to celebrate the launch of the HOORSENBUHS Bridal Collection featuring Forevermark diamonds with music by Mathieu Schreyer. Notable attendees included Courteney Cox, Eric Dane, George Kotsiopoulos, Ashley Benson, Jamie King, Alexia Fast, Cameron Silver, Jacqui Getty, Brooke Davenport, Nicolette Sheridan, Katherine Ross, and Margaret Qualley. Rose McGowan, Angela Sarfyan, Margaret Qualley, Shiva Rose, and Louise Roe all wore Forevermark Diamonds to the event.
- Katharine McPhee shopping at Piperlime’s SoHo store. Wearing hot red lipstick, the SMASH star stopped by to try on shoes and accessories- at first she gravitated towards anything blue, but ended up scoring silver sneakers, mentioning that they would be “perfect” for one of her upcoming show outfits. Katharine McPhee arrived after a hectic shooting schedule of her show Smash (she rushed downtown directly from her shoot to the party) and was seen chatting with rock/jazz pianist ELEW. She was dressed casual, rocking a pair of skin-tight leather pants and was seen chatting with guests into the late-night hours. Chet Faker, Australian artist featured in Beck’s Sapphire Super Bowl ad performed for the crowd with his signature tight-knit disco and house music.
- More than 50 VIP guests- including Demi Moore, Emma Roberts, Nicole Richie, Gia Coppola, Rachel Zoe, Nora Zehetner, all wearing Ferragamo- attended the intimate presentation of the collection, followed by a dinner at the Chateau Marmont. A listers mingled with "Young Hollywood" notables Nathalie Love, Zoe Sidel, Keegan Allen, and Evan Peters, dancing to the music of LA based DJ, Charlie Eisner.